October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mechanical guy sitting next to me gave me this horrifying look while I flipped books in the air left and right. He had the MERM and one other book.
I studied with a Mechanical and he had 3 books, while I took a cart into the test for all the references.

Just got off the phone with the NJ Board.  Said the results will be posted to NCEES tomorrow 12/13.  Correspondence from the NJ Board will follow 2 weeks later.  Gods speed. ❤️

The mechanical guy sitting next to me gave me this horrifying look while I flipped books in the air left and right. He had the MERM and one other book.
I literally had a grocery cart full and overflowing with references and used all but maybe one book for my Transportation. I also took the practice problems/books with solutions which helped on a few problems that were almost identical. 

Honestly was a little worried the flimsy table would collapse if I was too careless with putting my books down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 15293View attachment 15294

1st attempt Failed Civil Structural in south carolina....april 2020 lets go!!! registering today

got 43 right out of the 80 total
Admire your drive.  Go get em'! .. 22/40 on structural and you basically performed almost as well as the average passing examinee.  It seems cut score for structure was probably right around 25

For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

I took Civil transportation
I had to take it twice, and I felt better with things still fresh in my mind. Took them back to back. Part of the test is how comfortable you are navigating through a myriad of problems. I like to get things out of the way especially since I'm a ball of anxiety. 

If you decide to do it in April, just be sure to give yourself a long deserved break. I gave myself about 1 months to unwind when I didn't pass the first time.

Just got off the phone with LAPELS... They are saying they have been released. So the ball is in NCEES's court?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we create a database of PE exam discipline and failing scores to get a better understanding of the 'cut score'?

I had a board game book bag and a normal book bag filled with books. My wife said it was over the top. I did not want to get a question and know it was in a book and not have that book.

Back