October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the exam day in baton rouge was a miserable rain storm most of the day

only fitting that they make us even more miserable by taking longer than previous sessions to release results
Eh.  It could always be worse.  I mean, place where the scantrons were sent could have caught on fire, invalidating all results.  Or a monkey could have been set loose during your exam, which is, I'm sure, some type of cheating method, thus making all scores an auto-fail.

You could also have no thumbs.  Ugggggggh, that would suck.

I've looked around but couldn't seem to find a "definitive" guide.

Is there a table somewhere that shows historical cut scores?  Specifically for Civil-WR&E would be even better.

You could also have no thumbs.  Ugggggggh, that would suck.
My thought process:

• What's got two thumbs and has two thumbs? This guy!
  • Even better, do it without thumbs.
  • What would it be without thumbs? Fists.
  • What's got two fists......
  • Nope too dirty.

But then think of all the elder knowledge and stories you could pass down to upset newbies who are taking the exam for the first time?

"My hand got carpal tunnel from f5'ing"
"Back in my day, we had to manually refresh the page instead of the quantum computer automatically predicting exactly when the scores would be released."  :eek:ld-025:

/monthly_2019_12/45E3159C-16AF-11EA-9C9F-16C75465B7A1.jpg.d1b3b38a66af50add4fa271b5d919961.jpg O, great and powerful Stiney-Claus, deliver us the results!

Attachments

• 45E3159C-16AF-11EA-9C9F-16C75465B7A1.jpg
    45E3159C-16AF-11EA-9C9F-16C75465B7A1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 3
I've looked around but couldn't seem to find a "definitive" guide.

Is there a table somewhere that shows historical cut scores?  Specifically for Civil-WR&E would be even better.
I know sometimes in the exam year forums there are topics where people volunteer their pass/fail scores with what exam they took, but I don't think they were ever documented all together/kept track of?  I mean, it's really hard to pinpoint a passing score since not everyone who takes the PE comes to this forum to specifically say their score for recording.

Best not to worry about a passing score until you get your results.  Then you can start cursing yourself for changing that one question from A to B because you got a 51.

Is that what they call it these days?
tenor.gif

My thought process:

• What's got two thumbs and has two thumbs? This guy!
  • Even better, do it without thumbs.
  • What would it be without thumbs? Fists.
  • What's got two fists......
  • Nope too dirty.
Not going to lie, I'm really curious on how you'd help yourself out.  Buttons would be so difficult.

But then again, it's be smooth sailing afterwards since there'd be no thumbs to tuck, if you know what I mean.  😗

I read through there.

I didn't know if there was something that sorted it better or was more specific.
Nope!  Since the scores change sometimes drastically from exam to exam following the meetings, it's better to not compare yourself to previous years.  Makes you way more nervous and stressed, when you could be nervous and stressed about work.  Or your special-ordered costume for your dog.

Relax.  Results will come.  They're inevitable.  Like death.  And taxes.

Back