October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the hell did this unjustified politically motivated bullshit come from?
People crying everwhere. Back in my day. We shut up, did the work and waited for the results. No one is going to change the rules because your feelings got hurt. I.E. crying and rioting in the streets about the results not being out wont change a dang thing. 

I also take it your affiliation is the one i mentioned in that post. 

Also. Language

People crying everwhere. Back in my day. We shut up, did the work and waited for the results. No one is going to change the rules because your feelings got hurt. I.E. crying and rioting in the streets about the results not being out wont change a dang thing. 

Also. Language
Take a page out of your good old days then and continue to shut up

Also. Language
Poor Rocky can't get their results sooner than 8 weeks!

That's how you know you won when they switch to attacking you instead of your argument.  :party-smiley-048:

For the folks that seem utterly flabbergasted by the fact that people expect results before the "8 - 10 weeks release window."

View attachment 15034
its the fact that people are like give us an exact date you losers! SO they didn't hit their previous early releases, great.  They don't owe you anything besides the results once graded and scored properly.  Does this wait suck?  Yes.  does whining about NCEES on here do anything?

giphy.gif

its the fact that people are like give us an exact date you losers! SO they didn't hit their previous early releases, great.  They don't owe you anything besides the results once graded and scored properly.  Does this wait suck?  Yes.  does whining about NCEES on here do anything?
The whining starts the wheels of change when one day people are tired of NCEES and want something better and do something about it. So ya I'd say whining is fine.

That's how you know you won when they switch to attacking you instead of your argument.  :party-smiley-048:
Like I agree with what the guy is saying, and thinking that you deserve results sooner because people before you got them sooner is dumb, but wtf does age and political affiliation have to do with anything?

I came on here just to say that other members here need to understand that “8 to 10 weeks” is not an acceptable delivery/deadline/submittal date to most people working in their respective fields. Furthermore, it’s wrong to flippantly state that those members are not acting “professionally” when they are actually working professionally and are used to being held to a high standard of communication & punctuality. In their field, in their day to day career and mine to be honest, the conversation should not go like this and certainly doesn’t go like this :

Client: So when are you going to get that thing done for us?

Professional: 8 to 10 weeks.

Client: Ok, good to know but looking back on records, you typically have gotten it done around 6 weeks or so. Any odd chance it’ll be closer to 6 weeks or 8 rather than 10?

Client: Ok….so how far along are you?

Client: Ok, can you give us any idea of what has been done to date and what needs done before you can deliver? Do you need to hold a meeting?

Client: Look, it’s the holidays and people need to plan projects for next year that are dependent on the results of your thing.

Client: So you’re saying 10 weeks?

Client: And if you don’t deliver in “8 to 10” weeks, nothing happens…..because?

Professional: 8 to 10 weeks (or more).

Client: Sigh……

Look, [SIZE=11pt]I’m just here, waiting for bad news like a lot of other people. Yes, it’s frustrating but it’s also frustrating that people are being very nearly insulted for even insinuating that a hard set date for results release that could coincide with registration opening with the next exam would make sense. That it would be better to set a firm date so that registrations for exams, prep courses, and the like could be based off that set date. Hell, even some transparency would be better. “X,Y,Z need to all happen before results are released and only X has happened with Y and Z planned for these dates”. A set date and communication are both more professional and more realistic behavior for a PE than “8 to 10 weeks or more”. To understand that it is what it is but to suggest something better is possible, should not be met with insults.[/SIZE]

Also. Language
I talked to a Baby Boomer who is almost retired. He also freaked out a bit while waiting for his test results. So you can go pound sand with all your "millennial cry baby" and "back in my day" tough guy talk. 

Back