October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NCEES has wood chippered my heart, hopes and dreams once more ... They must have styled their approach after the inquisition or something of that nature ... no quote death .. just a slow and lingering lost of hope!!

Just curious, how soon are results released for Computer Based Tests? Is it like the FE where results are like a week later? Because if so, I'm going to be so jealous when younger coworkers can get test results sooner starting in *check's notes* 2023? NCEES takes as long to create computer based tests as they do to grade pencil and paper huh?

Just curious, how soon are results released for Computer Based Tests? Is it like the FE where results are like a week later? Because if so, I'm going to be so jealous when younger coworkers can get test results sooner starting in *check's notes* 2023? NCEES takes as long to create computer based tests as they do to grade pencil and paper huh?
Yeah, for the year-round CBT exams (including Civil), results will be out roughly the Wednesday after you take it.

It's only taken a fifth of it, but NCEES is, indeed, moving into the 21st century.

I've been calling that the Schrodinger's Cat Subphase of Phase 4, though that's not official, unless @RBHeadge PE wants to make it so.

Either way, it hit me pretty hard at the end of last week.
That is also the phase that the Controls PE Exam cut score meeting is in: Schrodinger’s Cut Score Meeting. Until we get the PE exam results, it has both happened already and not happened yet!

What is reasoning behind accumulation of all cut scores and pass/fail grading before results are released to all examinees? 

What is reasoning behind accumulation of all cut scores and pass/fail grading before results are released to all examinees? 
I'm pretty sure they do that for the member (state) boards. I seriously doubt the state boards want to deal with multiple releases for the same exam cycle, and NCEES is willing to accommodate them.

I’m voting any day other than today. Not because I don’t want to know, but... I’ve resorted to making bets at work to pass the time and I’ve got lunch riding on it being any day, but today. 
You're living life right, my friend.

:plusone:

Back