October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very ignorant question for someone with 4 years experience, and may deserve its own thread, but I only need a brief answer:

I work an an MEP consulting firm. Now that I have a PE, will my employer be able to charge clients more for my work (for hourly jobs)? Or does my employer simply charge clients $x amount per hour, regardless of what their experience is (again, ignoring % construction cost jobs, which will be the primary money makers for us). 
From someone who negotiates rates of consultants, we have three tiers, junior engineer, associate engineer, senior engineer. I assume in their eyes you now fall in that middle one. It’s more but probably not as much as you would think depending on who you work for. It’s assumed junior engineers need more time to accomplish things. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess everyone found out Louisiana released scores.  Got my notification at 5:08PM.  Just when we had given up hope.  😮

Got the dreadful notification in traffic and it didn't really compute at first.  Should have put my phone on silent, I could have killed someone. 

Passed after failing in April.  B)

This is a very ignorant question for someone with 4 years experience, and may deserve its own thread, but I only need a brief answer:

I work an an MEP consulting firm. Now that I have a PE, will my employer be able to charge clients more for my work (for hourly jobs)? Or does my employer simply charge clients $x amount per hour, regardless of what their experience is (again, ignoring % construction cost jobs, which will be the primary money makers for us). 
Potentially. It's a conversation to have with them.

I know my firm will depending on the client

Freakin A, there's a ton of mindless chatter going on in this thread . . . 

Some of us are only able to check a few times in the day and to have to wade through pages of drivel seeking out information pertaining to The Suck for our state is a waste of valuable time.  I may have missed a prior post, but it seems that FL is still expecting a crazy delay for auditing purposes.  If the 2-6 week wait is still in effect, I think the FBPE should fire off an e-mail to the examinees letting us know what's going on.

I predict that Florida will come out sometime after lunch.
This is why I think I missed a post . . . as of COB yesterday, word was that FL testers had a 2-6 week wait.

I just e-mailed Lisa so hopefully she'll respond saying something to the effect of "Y'dun got PUNKED dUuUuUuDe!"

This is why I think I missed a post . . . as of COB yesterday, word was that FL testers had a 2-6 week wait.

I just e-mailed Lisa so hopefully she'll respond saying something to the effect of "Y'dun got PUNKED dUuUuUuDe!"
Haha. I think that's exactly how she'll respond. I'm not buying the 2-6 week rumor. I don't think Florida has been later than the second day. Unless you get an email back from her confirming that, I'll be here F5ing my day away. 

Haha. I think that's exactly how she'll respond. I'm not buying the 2-6 week rumor. I don't think Florida has been later than the second day. Unless you get an email back from her confirming that, I'll be here F5ing my day away. 
Not a rumor lol it’s what she said to me personally. Twice. But I’m hoping (as is everyone) she was messing with us too. The thought is that she intentionally recited the timeline for getting the scores on to the FBPE website to mislead us and get us to stop calling.

I've seen this movie a few times. It won't be that long unless something really big changed in the last six months. 

Do we know when NCEES website will update the pass rates?

They came out on May 15th for the April tests. The first day for releases for the A19 test was the 13th, so a day or two after states started releasing scores.

I assume today or Monday

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a rumor lol it’s what she said to me personally. Twice. But I’m hoping (as is everyone) she was messing with us too. The thought is that she intentionally recited the timeline for getting the scores on to the FBPE website to mislead us and get us to stop calling.
Yeah I hope so too. But her telling someone 2-6 weeks when it isn't true might only make people call some more.  Has anyone heard of an audit like this that lasts 2-6 weeks? 

Maybe everyone failed and they're trying to figure out what to do. 

Yeah I hope so too. But her telling someone 2-6 weeks when it isn't true might only make people call some more.  Has anyone heard of an audit like this that lasts 2-6 weeks? 

Sources tell me the audit is well underway. 

fbpe-audit.jpg

Maybe we all got perfect scores and they’re trying to prove we didn’t cheat.

Maybe they're just debating if they really want to let all these new engineers start stamping things.

Back