October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did plenty of other things to the Power exam spec for April 2018, the codes are the easiest thing to remember. i know Zach Stone has an article about all of the changes on his site somewhere but I'm lazy and others can google it if they wanna know all of the nitty gritty
 @Zach Stone, P.E.

NCEES should give tours
Would probably be pretty boring. I feel like they're just another generic American office.

Here's some desks; over there are the filing cabinets; the scantrons are in this warehouse to your left; that the copier over there - We call him Bob Marley 'cause he always be jammin'; this the kitchen, and finally the conference room. Do you need us to validate your parking?

Why is there not a sticky thread under "Anything About the PE Exam" that lists FAQs about NCEES exams? I feel like that would be a good place to answer a lot of questions before they get asked (probably by me).

Why is there not a sticky thread under "Anything About the PE Exam" that lists FAQs about NCEES exams? I feel like that would be a good place to answer a lot of questions before they get asked (probably by me).
People still wouldn't read it and would start a new thread. It'd be a handy place to just copy paste in so @RBHeadge PE can focus on those fires of his. But it'd also probably take a bunch of time to put it into one spot and have it be a cohesive thought. 

People still wouldn't read it and would start a new thread. It'd be a handy place to just copy paste in so @RBHeadge PE can focus on those fires of his. But it'd also probably take a bunch of time to put it into one spot and have it be a cohesive thought. 
That's what I'm thinking. Then anytime someone asks a question, just copy and paste.

I'm game to help get something together with my limited knowledge. I'm really good at asking questions 😁!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no-one reads the stickied threads (or the rules). If people did, then people wouldn't get their scores invalidated every session for discussing specific exam questions on these forums, every six months. Similarly, no one uses the search function; nor look through old threads.

It's easier for me to recreated this thread, which has most of the FAQs, every six months as a means of focusing all of the questions and vents into one place.

Ditto me having to put up a legal warning about when to add PE after your name, just after the results come out.

I sort of tried to do that with the opening post in this thread. ;)

BTW in three weeks, I'm totally gonna pile-on and troll anyone who believes that BS about registering for the next exam=fail.

Well, no-one reads the stickied threads (or the rules). If people did, then people wouldn't get their scores invalidated every session for discussing specific exam questions on these forums, every six months. Similarly, no one uses the search function; nor look through old threads.

It's easier for me to recreated this thread, which has most of the FAQs, every six months as a means of focusing all of the questions and vents into one place.

Ditto me having to put up a legal warning about when to add PE after your name, just after the results come out.
how many people do you think get their scores invalidated from posts here each cycle? 

I read the stickied threads, have read through old posts, and read the rules... Granted I'm probably the exception, rather than the rule.

BTW in three weeks, I'm totally gonna pile-on and troll anyone who believes that BS about registering for the next exam=fail.
I'm seriously surprised (and concerned) by the sheer number of mouth breathers who get licensed.

Granted I'm probably the exception, rather than the rule.
We established that fact a couple weeks ago.

I'm seriously surprised (and concerned) by the sheer number of mouth breathers who get licensed.
Mostly agree. The lizard part of the brain definitely takes over come Phase 5. It'll be endemic around December 3/4.

They did plenty of other things to the Power exam spec for April 2018, the codes are the easiest thing to remember. i know Zach Stone has an article about all of the changes on his site somewhere but I'm lazy and others can google it if they wanna know all of the nitty gritty

Here is the detailed list of changes to the Electrical Power PE exam specification changes made by NCEES® in 2018 if anyone is looking for it. 

Related to this is the detailed list of changes to the NCEES® official Electrical PE Practice Exam that was updated in 2018 as well. 

Since these are the only real two official documents pertaining to the Electrical Power exam by the makers of the test (NCEES®), it is helpful to gain some insight into the exam, even though the exam itself is known for being unpredictable. 

April 2019 wasn't bad until like 3 days before results. It's be tough, and scary, to be as bad as Oct 2018 though. But who knows, especially if this session sees results delayed as much as they were in Oct 14.

April 2019 wasn't bad until like 3 days before results. It's be tough, and scary, to be as bad as Oct 2018 though. But who knows, especially if this session sees results delayed as much as they were in Oct 14.
What happened Oct 2018?

Back