October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this one happening. I know there is a limit of liking posts in a day... but not posts

Can a mod or admin handle this?
I will see if it happens again today. If you see no more posts from me after this one then you can assume there is some kind of odd limit on my account.

Post #3, so hopefully it was just a glitch.

My mom likes to rearrange my pantry and take everything out of the boxes and throw the boxes away, so then I'll have a bunch of individual-sized bags of pretzels and granola bars just sitting on the shelf. She also will "wash" dishes by hand and put them away still visibly dirty. I've noticed this in her house too and now I'm wondering how many times I ate off of dirty dishes as a child and didn't realize it.

What Christmas songs aren't garbage?

Like I've said before, I can only tolerate them Dec 21-25
Yeah my brother and I were having this convo on gchat this morning and we came to the same conclusion.

I don't mind the classics covered by the old standards (Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, etc). But "Winter Wonderland" and "Silver Bells" can gtfo, I am done with those songs forever and I don't care who covers them.

My mom likes to rearrange my pantry and take everything out of the boxes and throw the boxes away, so then I'll have a bunch of individual-sized bags of pretzels and granola bars just sitting on the shelf. She also will "wash" dishes by hand and put them away still visibly dirty. I've noticed this in her house too and now I'm wondering how many times I ate off of dirty dishes as a child and didn't realize it.
That's me and my mom!  But slightly different in that I tend to do the cardboard thing at my parents (because they just throw half empty boxes back into the pantry, and they shop at BJs/Costco, so they're huge boxes with a ton of void space).  My dad doesn't care/he prefers it and my mom usually lets me take home stuff that they're not eat, like a ton of rolled oats I could use in baking/bread flour.  As for the washing by hand...I do that, but I'm a stickler.  My mom overloads the dishwasher, so they're still sometimes dirty...It's easier to just put it back in the sink/in the dishwasher again than complain.

Well, that's good! We want you here on the spam board. There might be a limit of posts as a brand new member to the site. I'll still try to find that out for the future, in case this happens to anyone else.

MY SUCCULENTS ARE DYING FROM SUNBURN (which I did not know was a thing).  And the window kinda sucks because our building acts like a greenhouse...so a window means I am ultra, ultra, hot during the summer and ultra, ultra, cold in the winter.
Yeah, some plants can get too much sun. Which seems weird, but hey we, can get too much sun too.

So you work in a place designed only by an archetect who thought it would look nice, but not an engineer who questioned if it was practical or is appropriate for that climate.

I'm shocked! Shocked! 

That's me and my mom!  But slightly different in that I tend to do the cardboard thing at my parents (because they just throw half empty boxes back into the pantry, and they shop at BJs/Costco, so they're huge boxes with a ton of void space).  My dad doesn't care/he prefers it and my mom usually lets me take home stuff that they're not eat, like a ton of rolled oats I could use in baking/bread flour.  As for the washing by hand...I do that, but I'm a stickler.  My mom overloads the dishwasher, so they're still sometimes dirty...It's easier to just put it back in the sink/in the dishwasher again than complain.
Yeah I've deemed neither of these things worth complaining about because free babysitting. I just empty the drying pan into the dishwasher and move along. I also recognize that I'm more particular than most about clean dishes, given that I rinse off all visible food before I put it in the dishwasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back