October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning!

Yesterday after 2 posts I was no longer allowed to post, it said I had reached the daily limit. Is that a thing or does someone hate me?
Huh, I've never had that happen to me and I'm new/only post shit-spam talk.  Maybe there is someone way more qualified than me to ask?

that's kind of adorable. my parents work hard (their choice) when they visit me. on days i go to work they're asking for lists of things they can do while i'm at work 😮 
They have been married for 40-years and are doing more and more adorable things each day.  They're only an hour away, on the north fork of Long Island, so they don't 'visit' per se, sometimes one of them ends up at my apartment for a mini-break and to steal my baked goods.

You're parents sounds cute!  They just want to make things easier for you while you're working (though this usually backfires for me, since my parents do some things way different than I do, specifically, folding of towels).

"Last Christmas" is a garbage Christmas song, yes/yes?
False.  It is the best song to sing dramatically while annoying friends and/or family, "I gave you my heart, you gaaaaaaaaave it awaaaaaaaaaaaaay~" *starts sobbing into scarf while drinking eggnog* 

Most people don't complain about having a window.
MY SUCCULENTS ARE DYING FROM SUNBURN (which I did not know was a thing).  And the window kinda sucks because our building acts like a greenhouse...so a window means I am ultra, ultra, hot during the summer and ultra, ultra, cold in the winter.

Taylor Swift's version is especially grating. NO WONDER HE GAVE YOUR HEART AWAY.
UGH.  NO.  HER VERSION IS HORRIBLE.  I like the original Wham! version.  Perfect.  Filled with just enough sappiness that you're like, "Yeah!  Don't give him your heart again!  Keep that organ where it belongs or so help me!"

UGH.  NO.  HER VERSION IS HORRIBLE.  I like the original Wham! version.  Perfect.  Filled with just enough sappiness that you're like, "Yeah!  Don't give him your heart again!  Keep that organ where it belongs or so help me!"
I agree that Wham's version is tolerable and no one else should cover it ever.

I think I've just been burning all of my succulents.  I am getting way too much sun at my desk and it is horrible.
I sit in a corner (corner "office", yo! Moving up in the world!) and have a window behind my monitors, and one behind my head, so there is glare behind the monitor and glare on the monitor.  Makes 2pm difficult.

I sit in a corner (corner "office", yo! Moving up in the world!) and have a window behind my monitors, and one behind my head, so there is glare behind the monitor and glare on the monitor.  Makes 2pm difficult.
can you rearrange your desk layout? 

They have been married for 40-years and are doing more and more adorable things each day.  They're only an hour away, on the north fork of Long Island, so they don't 'visit' per se, sometimes one of them ends up at my apartment for a mini-break and to steal my baked goods.

You're parents sounds cute!  They just want to make things easier for you while you're working (though this usually backfires for me, since my parents do some things way different than I do, specifically, folding of towels).
yes i have to be specific and choose carefully when i give ideas of things to do. i can re-fold the towels if they're all magically laundered when i get home ;)  the nicest part is she made my bed every day LOL i usually make my bed before i go to sleep. is that weird?

can you rearrange your desk layout? 
I could, but it would be a lot of work - I have a sit/stand thing for my computer, and there is a shelf that blocks it on the logical side.  It is temporary, and really, who wants to work at 2pm anyway.  :)   Hopefully they are finished with the office refresh by Christmas and I can move to my new permanent home with whatever problem it will have to offer.

Ugh, I get some glare in the morning that is wicked bad, but I have three monitors (technically one is my laptop), so I can kinda shift everything over to one.  These are some ridiculous first-world problems we have.

yes i have to be specific and choose carefully when i give ideas of things to do. i can re-fold the towels if they're all magically laundered when i get home ;)  the nicest part is she made my bed every day LOL i usually make my bed before i go to sleep. is that weird?
I make my bed when I get up, not because I care, but because I have this terrifying fear that my landlord of 4+ years is going to randomly come down when it's not made and judge me for having a messy bed.  Also, I sleep on my back, so literally "making the bed" is me just folding back my covers.

Ugh, I get some glare in the morning that is wicked bad, but I have three monitors (technically one is my laptop), so I can kinda shift everything over to one.  These are some ridiculous first-world problems we have.
Yeah, I kinda just adjust one of the monitors to reduce the glare.  And do everything on that one.

I make my bed when I get up, not because I care, but because I have this terrifying fear that my landlord of 4+ years is going to randomly come down when it's not made and judge me for having a messy bed.  Also, I sleep on my back, so literally "making the bed" is me just folding back my covers.
I sleep in a cycle of rotation.  Side, jackknife, stomach, fetal...  my poor sheets are all over in the morning.  All over on the hubs side that is.

Haha one time my parents cleaned out one of my closets when I was at work. I was not a happy camper.  Like WHAT IF I HAD PRIVATE STUFF IN THERE, MOM? (I didn't, but kind of wish that I did, just to ~teach them a lesson~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back