Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you all plan on breaking the news (pass or fail) to your fellow employees?

I'm planning on waiting til the end of the day when the office gets a little quieter...
Tell the folks who need to know (boss). And then just provide the answer with others ask. 

NJ is last to release according to April 2018 road map....... That means I have to wait few more days................. :( :brickwall:  

How do you all plan on breaking the news (pass or fail) to your fellow employees?

I'm planning on waiting til the end of the day when the office gets a little quieter...
I bet a couple guys at work $40 that I'd fail. If I pass, the money won't matter. If I fail, hey, I get a few bucks towards the retake fee.

I bet a couple guys at work $40 that I'd fail. If I pass, the money won't matter. If I fail, hey, I get a few bucks towards the retake fee.
your work doesn't pay for the exam? that's some shit

mine only pays for the exam and only if you pass. 

any other expenses incurred could be reimbursed, at the discretion of the department manager. 

To be fair, I don't think I would want my company to pay for the exam or even for any of the prep. That way I wouldn't feel like I'm obligated to them for helping me get licensed.

My company doesn't pay for the exam, nor any study materials either. They do give us the day of the exam off for profession development, but other than that, you do get a promotion when you become a licensed P.E. (which, remember, doesn't happen until you have been issued a license number by your state board) and they tell you that your raise will cover the cost of the exam.

To be fair, I don't think I would want my company to pay for the exam or even for any of the prep. That way I wouldn't feel like I'm obligated to them for helping me get licensed.
This is how I feel. My company offers continuing education reimbursement as a benefit, which I used to pay for my review course; however, I paid for all the application and examination fees myself.

Keep an eye out for Illinois results. I have been checking my continental services account and it doesn’t show anything there. 

Back