Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I feel. My company offers continuing education reimbursement as a benefit, which I used to pay for my review course; however, I paid for all the application and examination fees myself.
They probably have a clause that if you leave the company within X amount of time then you owe a portion of the fee back. At least that is the way my company operates.

Still waiting on GA... In April I remember checking NCEES all the way up until going into the delivery room for my wife to give birth.  Now I'm just at work hitting f5.

Last edited by a moderator:
NC is out. I failed! What am I going to drink tonight!?!?!?
Keep at it!  I passed the Power PE in April with an hour of nightly studying and by lucking out with the right resources.  Think of this time as a practice run, and use the diagnostic report in placing your emphasis for next time.  

For reference, the resources that got me through (by order of importance) were:

1.  Graffeo

2.  NEC

3.  FE Handbook

4.  School of PE notes 

5.  NEC Keyword Index by Tom Henry 

6.  NESC

7.  NFPA 70E 

My company doesn't pay for the exam, nor any study materials either. They do give us the day of the exam off for profession development, but other than that, you do get a promotion when you become a licensed P.E. (which, remember, doesn't happen until you have been issued a license number by your state board) and they tell you that your raise will cover the cost of the exam.
My company paid for the exam/study class and study materials were at the discretion of the office manager.  I didn't get a day off for the exam, technically, but my office manager is really chill and worked something out so I could take the day without using PPL.  I don't know if I'll get a promotion/raise if I get my PE since I've been at this company for less than a year, and they've really been good to me, so I'd be okay with maybe lunch?  My old company didn't pay for anything and said if you passed you'd get a $2000 one time bonus, which after taxes barely covered the books.

daydreambeliever, please post in the electrical Power section if that's wha tyou took with your results if you don't mind.

My company paid for the exam/study class and study materials were at the discretion of the office manager.  I didn't get a day off for the exam, technically, but my office manager is really chill and worked something out so I could take the day without using PPL.  I don't know if I'll get a promotion/raise if I get my PE since I've been at this company for less than a year, and they've really been good to me, so I'd be okay with maybe lunch?  My old company didn't pay for anything and said if you passed you'd get a $2000 one time bonus, which after taxes barely covered the books.
I left engineering right after I registered with NCEES to sit for the exam.

I would have gotten: 1) a raise; 2) a promotion; 3) a bonus; and 4) reimbursement of my registration fee from my last company had I stayed with them and passed.

Now I get nothing, and not even a reason to use the PE. But I was made to jump through flaming hoops to be granted permission from my state to register for the exam, so I had to do it, even if only for myself.

For all who didn't pass this round, believe in yourself and don't lose confidence. Walk into that exam room like a sophomore/junior/senior and kick that test's ass. You're already more experienced and have more study hours in than most in the room -- that counts for a lot. YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back