Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on last year (Oct. 2017) ---- results came out on 1st week with the exception of Illinois state which came out on Dec. 8th. 

FYI,  click the image below to see the dates. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on last year (Oct. 2017) ---- results came out on 1st week with the exception of Illinois state which came out on Dec. 8th. 
Thanks for putting up last year's map.

Just throwing this out there for the community, but you can't compare actual release dates from year to year because the exam date moves up or back every so often. For instance, the exam was a week earlier this year.

So if you want to use the past as a guide, you need to look at the relative date, which is the time elapsed after the exam took place.

But that alone isn't the only factor. There are events which must take place prior to a release, namely new exams need to have their cut score meeting first; then you have to add 1-3 business days after the conclusion of that meeting.

So everything has to be factored in, but all the really gets you is a "no earlier than date". Other things we don't know about can delay it too.

Take my advice, don't try to guess the release date. Group think will set in, and everyone will be convinced that that date is a sure thing. And then everyone loses their s$%^ when that day passes without a release. It just make the stress worse.

Thanks RBHeadge PE,  I hope next week the results will be out.  I am newbie and this waiting game is torturing me lol.   I need to know my result --- Pass or Fail. 

Thanks for putting up last year's map.

Just throwing this out there for the community, but you can't compare actual release dates from year to year because the exam date moves up or back every so often. For instance, the exam was a week earlier this year.

So if you want to use the past as a guide, you need to look at the relative date, which is the time elapsed after the exam took place.

But that alone isn't the only factor. There are events which must take place prior to a release, namely new exams need to have their cut score meeting first; then you have to add 1-3 business days after the conclusion of that meeting.

So everything has to be factored in, but all the really gets you is a "no earlier than date". Other things we don't know about can delay it too.

Take my advice, don't try to guess the release date. Group think will set in, and everyone will be convinced that that date is a sure thing. And then everyone loses their s$%^ when that day passes without a release. It just make the stress worse.
I'm not trying to add more fuel to the fire, but the October test dates were pretty similar between 2017/2018 right?  I think last year's Oct. exam was Oct. 27th and this year it was the 26th.  This doesn't negate any of the good information you just gave.  It's probably why everyone is clinging to the 3rd or 4th as possible release dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, completely different exams and release dates. SE always comes out after PE, probably because SE requires manual scoring.
Gotcha, That's what I figured because I know the SE is structural and a totally different license, and those were the only meetings I could find that were occurring next week. So I wasn't sure what other meetings there might be besides the Fire Prot. for the PE that was refereed to earlier. 

There is this decadent food trailer in town where it's like fried everything.  If I fail, I will get a meal there to appropriately eat my feelings. And then have my stomach hate me for the next two days.

**** it, if I pass, I should still eat there.

**** IT
Gonna grab a **** It bucket and go down in a blaze of glory! Thanks for sharing...

Gotcha, That's what I figured because I know the SE is structural and a totally different license, and those were the only meetings I could find that were occurring next week. So I wasn't sure what other meetings there might be besides the Fire Prot. for the PE that was refereed to earlier. 
One of the many things that makes the October exam release date "harder" to figure out is that October Licensure Exchange only lists known meetings planned for the month of October and November. And it would only be the meetings scheduled by the end of September. Ergo they don't list late-breaking meetings and rarely ever any December meetings. So in years with new tests, where the test was given in mid-ish October, it can be difficult to know when those cut score meetings will be held.

It's possible that another emergency meeting may have called, but it wouldn't be publicly known. But people on that exam design or scoring committee may know about it, or people more broadly in certain engineering societies may know about it. Many of the vets on this board have been contacted occasionally and asked to volunteer on such committees.

The December Licensure Exchange nominally comes out Monday (afternoon) so we would be certain by then. Of course the results may be out by then too; that actually happened a cycle or two ago...

I'm not trying to add more fuel to the fire, but the October test dates were pretty similar between 2017/2018 right?  I think last year's Oct. exam was Oct. 27th and this year it was the 26th.  
I stand corrected. I got confused in that Thanksgiving was a week earlier this year.

And that the April exams are bouncing around a lot.

Now is a good day to starting spamming F5

AcademicUnlawfulJackal-size_restricted.gif

People should also be on the lookout for subtle changes to the NCEES Dashboard, or messages from the oracle.

I've actually been thinking of treating myself, pass or fail, to something after this all blows over.  But then I realize it's the holidays and every day is filled with more stress.  I'll wait until January to go back to trash eating.
Dear JayKay0914;

Please allow me to make some recommendation for you. If you fail the exam go to that truck and eat fried food until you get a cardiac arrest. If you pass, take your friends to a steakhouse. How about that?

One of the many things that makes the October exam release date "harder" to figure out is that October Licensure Exchange only lists known meetings planned for the month of October and November. And it would only be the meetings scheduled by the end of September. Ergo they don't list late-breaking meetings and rarely ever any December meetings. So in years with new tests, where the test was given in mid-ish October, it can be difficult to know when those cut score meetings will be held.

It's possible that another emergency meeting may have called, but it wouldn't be publicly known. But people on that exam design or scoring committee may know about it, or people more broadly in certain engineering societies may know about it. Many of the vets on this board have been contacted occasionally and asked to volunteer on such committees.

The December Licensure Exchange nominally comes out Monday (afternoon) so we would be certain by then. Of course the results may be out by then too; that actually happened a cycle or two ago...
Thanks! Makes more sense now. Time to spam the F5

Back