Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I bought these leggings when I was I think 20-30lbs heavier. As I've lost weight, it is mostly in my thigh area, leading to a crotch that looks like a early 90's boys. When I'm lifting, going from a squat to upright, the back of my thumbs on the barbell keep getting caught. I should just buy smaller leggings...but these ones still work, and my belly hasn't gotten smaller, so they fit as well as they can.
Ah I see. Your leggings feel a little like this? 1622640885252.png j/k.

I wear Underarmour leggings (with shorts over them) on my leg days (Tue-back and front squats, Thur- deadlift).

Ah I see. Your leggings feel a little like this? View attachment 22541 j/k.

I wear Underarmour leggings (with shorts over them) on my leg days (Tue-back and front squats, Thur- deadlift).
You say j/k but that is exactly how they feel sometimes. I really should bit the bullet but I am lazy and hate clothes shopping.

I loved my underarmor leggings! I might hit up the outlet when I go back home and grab a couple. I feel like I had a pair that were not the normal type/baseball type (idk) and they fit really well. As for shorts over my leggings...if people want to see my butt so bad, have at it. I used to wear shorts over my leggings, but I got tired of it.

I tried shorts over leggings when it got cold (under armor knock offs), but didn't like the leggings in general. They would bunch up when trying to wear knee sleeves, and would get torn up by the bar knurling during deadlifts. I have neoprene warm shorts that are made for strongman (very tight, very thick scuba-suit type material), but your nether regions sweat like the rainforest in those things, so I use them sparingly, usually only on leg days where I'm doing a lot of moving/carry events that really beat up the hips.

I haven't gone to the gym in a while...Going to try and get back into the groove and go tonight. Last Thusday...was arm day. And I'm bad at arm day, especially wide-grip bench followed by as many pushups as you can do in a row (both things I suck at).
I feel your pain. My gym temporarily closed December 2020 due to the pandemic and last week was my first week back (i used to go 5 days/week). Whew, talk about loss of gains, but I did a bunch of calisthenic exercises at home since then and now trying to get back into my groove.

I was surrounded by puppies at one point,
pics or it didn't happen.

@JayUn PE I'm trying to go more consistently. I used to say 'I'm going 3 times a week' and then only go like twice, but I've recently changed it to 'I'm going 4 times a week, and I actually find myself going more often than not 5 times a week. My gym only holds classes M-Sat, so there really is only the opportunity to go 6 times a week. Except once I get off the ball, it's super hard for me to re-focus and go.

pics or it didn't happen.

@JayUn PE I'm trying to go more consistently. I used to say 'I'm going 3 times a week' and then only go like twice, but I've recently changed it to 'I'm going 4 times a week, and I actually find myself going more often than not 5 times a week. My gym only holds classes M-Sat, so there really is only the opportunity to go 6 times a week. Except once I get off the ball, it's super hard for me to re-focus and go.
At least you're going back. Better than not going at all. (y)

I ate like an unattended toddler this weekend and I swear my sweat at the gym this morning smelled like the old days of a post-drinking run but I didn't even drink. My body is like, "HOW'S THAT FRENCH ONION DIP NOW, ASSHOLE?"
@csb I did a bad thing. I found the kettle chips and inhaled all chips in a 100' radius. Gahhh! *potato grease sweats*

Okay. Last night kinda sucked, but not for the reason everyone thinks. Strength was back squat with a 3sec pause at the bottom, 6x4. Worked my way up to 132lbs. I realized I'm ridiculous and will just put on more and more 10lb plates instead of just using the kg plates because for some reason I think that they weigh less? Also, I hate pausing at the bottom. I have the bad habit of bottoming out every once in a while and then I kinda get stuck...

Accessory round was okay. Single leg squat to bench, which I did with a 10lb plate to counter, single leg RDL, which I did modified since I fall on my face doing normal RDLs, and planks with dumbbell pull through. As I was doing the SL squat, my left hip started acting up (this started aching a bit right before I went to Arkansas/before Memorial Day, but I thought it was just because of how I sit at work then doing long car drives). I ignored it as we went into conditioning, but it reared its ugly head during the simplest thing we had to do: mountain climbers.

I could do the 12 wallballs (though I really wanted to die), and the 15 slam balls were fine, but when I got down to start the 18 mountain climbers...it wasn't good. Like. My left leg kinda collapsed/I couldn't do the motion on one side? Trainer told me to modify and switch the box step ups, which didn't hurt at all, so I really have no idea what is going on with my hip? I rolled out my lower back and that area a little bit after class and made sure that I slept with my legs elevated/pillow in-between my legs last night. It's still a little achey today, so I might baby it a little. Maybe pop an ibuprofen if I can find one.

Where on the hip? Like, towards the waist? Or lower more towards the thigh/butt? If the latter, probably worth rolling out hamstrings, abductors, and adductors, and throwing in some warmup exercises to try and get those primed first if rest hasn't helped it. Does your knee move inwards during squats/pistol squats?

Where on the hip? Like, towards the waist? Or lower more towards the thigh/butt? If the latter, probably worth rolling out hamstrings, abductors, and adductors, and throwing in some warmup exercises to try and get those primed first if rest hasn't helped it. Does your knee move inwards during squats/pistol squats?
I def think it's more muscular/ligament and not the actual joint (it's on the outside of the hip, a little lower than the waist and back from the midpoint of my hip but not actual lower back? Kinda where your leg has the 'divot' below your natural waist if you were doing a split). I got a deep tissue massage over Memorial Day weekend, but then didn't exercise for a week, so I might have just made it super angry and then ignored it instead of trying to stretch it out gently. My knee actually is pretty stable/stays straight in a majority of my exercises or gets pushed out a little bit, but I def felt the one leg getting super tired going up and down last night.

signed minisnick up for a youth conditioning class at my gym. Last week was some muscle education and a what's you max day. Wonder what they are going to do today.

Back