Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, dangit, on topic this time:

Gave a double red blood cell donation last weekend and BOY AM I FEELING IT. Holy crap, I couldn't run faster than a 9:30 pace any longer than 30 minutes without feeling like I was dying. My breathing rate was fine but the O2 just wasn't making it to mah cells. So I kept breathing and breathing and was just feeling completely hosed. Biochemistry is weeeeeird!

I'll give it another go today, hope I don't collapse into ditch and get eaten by the neighborhood cats.

This is where the entire fitness industry loses me. The hype and marketing is trying to pressure everyone to be "elite," "professional," "professional-grade," "maximum," "extreeeeeeme," "epic," "competitive," "optimized," so it's discouraging for regular-ass normies to feel accepted just for wanting to stay semi-healthy while living normal life.
My feelings too. Just want to be fit don't care about having defined muscles.

Plus dealing with all the college bros who treat free weight area as a hangout and grunt/groan for no reason. Including the one who was grunting while curling an empty 20 lb bar. I am 52 and picked this bar up one handed no problem

Oops, dangit, on topic this time:

Gave a double red blood cell donation last weekend and BOY AM I FEELING IT. Holy crap, I couldn't run faster than a 9:30 pace any longer than 30 minutes without feeling like I was dying. My breathing rate was fine but the O2 just wasn't making it to mah cells. So I kept breathing and breathing and was just feeling completely hosed. Biochemistry is weeeeeird!

I'll give it another go today, hope I don't collapse into ditch and get eaten by the neighborhood cats.
I tried giving the double red several times but never felt right after it, so I just went back to donating whole blood. Unless it is some sort of advanced nutrition thing for double red not really sure why it makes me feel worse.

What kind of cats are in your neighborhood.

What kind of cats are in your neighborhood.
Sometimes they have kind of a...raccoon-like shape. Sometimes a possum-like. Sometimes a coyote-like shape. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok, on topic for real: getting close to goal weight so need to come up with a plan for getting stronger but not bigger (I'm already not a big person so I don't want to become yanno...a cube). Been doing burpees of varying modifications and reps, just trying to get mah joints used to those cycles. I mean...before, it was an ongoing joke to call doing kinda-sorta serious yardwork (at least, to me: digging holes n trenches n lifting n dragging stuff) my "paleo crossfit" so I don't think I'm weak for my size but I have lost some muscle so that's going to be a project.

Sometimes they have kind of a...raccoon-like shape. Sometimes a possum-like. Sometimes a coyote-like shape. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok, on topic for real: getting close to goal weight so need to come up with a plan for getting stronger but not bigger (I'm already not a big person so I don't want to become yanno...a cube). Been doing burpees of varying modifications and reps, just trying to get mah joints used to those cycles. I mean...before, it was an ongoing joke to call doing kinda-sorta serious yardwork (at least, to me: digging holes n trenches n lifting n dragging stuff) my "paleo crossfit" so I don't think I'm weak for my size but I have lost some muscle so that's going to be a project.
It takes a lot of nutrition and lifting to get "big." You're fine to add in weights, especially if you're not already a big person.

Brought to you by a person who's trying to get meaty quads and it takes so much protein and lifting.

I just referred to a girl in the gym as an ant and I meant it as a compliment. She is tiny but jacked. Every time she goes to put the barbell away in the vertical storage rack she looks like she's lifting a boulder.

Ordered some workout shorts off Amazon that had a zillion good reviews. A little shorter than I'm accustomed to, but I wanted something that wouldn't get in the way during leg day. All the reviews were saying "true to size", so I ordered up a size just to give me some extra room (2XL).

LOOOOOOOL

I have boxer briefs that are longer and fit looser. A 5' tall gymnast wouldn't have fit those things. I definitely ended up with "made in China" sizing.

Ordered some workout shorts off Amazon that had a zillion good reviews. A little shorter than I'm accustomed to, but I wanted something that wouldn't get in the way during leg day. All the reviews were saying "true to size", so I ordered up a size just to give me some extra room (2XL).

LOOOOOOOL

I have boxer briefs that are longer and fit looser. A 5' tall gymnast wouldn't have fit those things. I definitely ended up with "made in China" sizing.
Let's see those Chubbies.

We’re not the world. We’re EB.

Cant you just wear leggings? Are guys allowed to wear leggings? They don’t get in the way when I lift (except they’re starting to get kinda loose and my thumbs get caught sometimes).
Your thumbs are in your leggings?!?? TMI???

We’re not the world. We’re EB.

Cant you just wear leggings? Are guys allowed to wear leggings? They don’t get in the way when I lift (except they’re starting to get kinda loose and my thumbs get caught sometimes).
A bit too figure flattering for me. I'd hate to distract everyone else from their workouts when I'm carrying two holiday hams out back.

Flipping between WTTS and reading/trying to comprehend something about a baggy crotch at the moment... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Lol, I bought these leggings when I was I think 20-30lbs heavier. As I've lost weight, it is mostly in my thigh area, leading to a crotch that looks like a early 90's boys. When I'm lifting, going from a squat to upright, the back of my thumbs on the barbell keep getting caught. I should just buy smaller leggings...but these ones still work, and my belly hasn't gotten smaller, so they fit as well as they can.

Back