Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just scored a couple sets of Kettle Bells - the wife was pissed at me cause I didn't go get some loaner equipment from our gym last Saturday (I was just sort of in a shit mood and didnt go while she was at work) but i stopped by a mom and pop sporting good store on my way back from a meeting and they had 2- 20 LB KB's and 2- 25 LB KB's fairly cheap - they must be oblivious to the outside world (& there shop is not very visible from the road)

I attempted a JK limp/shuffle run last night.  I was already bad at cardio and I think I've lost even more the last couple of weeks.  Going to try and do simple stuff like run every other block, just to keep moving.  I was, literally, soaked last night...it was gross.  And clammy.

Instead of cardio/running tonight, I'm going to try and hit my step goal and then do a HIIT video I found on youtube.  It's 40-minutes long, instead of 15-minutes like a lot of the other videos, so hopefully it'll keep me going.

Thoughts on eating before or after working out?  Yesterday I ate pretty much right after work at around 6pm and then went running at 7:45pm and I felt pretty good.  I am so hungry after work usually that if I don't start working out right away, I tend to start eating and then I don't know if I can work out or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, normal portion sizes are digested well enough to work out after 90-120 minutes.  

I upped my workout routines to be a little more strenuous. But according to my whoop strap, mowing the lawn is still more of a workout than my actual workouts lol.

Yeah spring is here. It's about time to mow the backyard again.

And now I'm going to start wearing a face mask when I go out. Not because of corona, but because of pollen. 

At least it's not FL. I would've been mowing I'm February.

I actually fired up the lawn mower 2 weeks ago but mainly just because we did a bad job of scooping up dog turds over the winter - its still mostly dormant but after this weekends snow and temp drop (followed by the usual warm up) I will probably start the unfreezing process of the sprinklers...

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been in "need to mow every week" mode for at least a month now 😢 

I have zoysia grass here and cut it for the first time last weekend. It's still not completely greened up yet, but it won't be long. It does grow slower than bermuda, so there's that at least.

I dont know what kind of grass we have here in Denver, but i sort of miss Bermuda a little because at least it would spread and fill in, whatever grass we have here if you get a dead spot its just f'n dead. Go buy some more if you want it filled in with something other than weeds..

I pretty much just have "weeds" here. A mix of common blue violet, white clover, etc. but I don't mind (I say "weeds," because they're only weeds if you don't want them). I think it looks cool when all the different plants are flowering at the same time. Plus the daughter really likes it because she'll just keep walking through the yard and pointing "flower... flower... flower" (1.5 yo). I clover is my favorite. I like how it looks and it covers well.

I attempted to seed my FL lawn to make an "alternative" lawn as they're calling it nowadays (mainly with dutch white clover and 2 other species), but in the end the centipede and pensacola bahiagrass took back over. The centipede was great and it was all I had in the front yard, but the bahiagrass was a nightmare in the backyard. It would grow at least 4in a week, and more if it rained (which it did a lot). It wouldn't be uncommon for me to be mowing 12in tall grass after 2 weeks. No joke, there were times when I could lay a blade of grass on my forearm and it would go from my joint to the tips of my fingers.

So, good feeling...I pulled out some jeans from my closet that I packed away since they were too small for me. I fit in them again.

Hoping to hit the 40 lb mark either this week or next.
Yaaaaaaaay!  Awesome job, chebs!  I'm sure that aggressive walking is helping as well!  Just keep moving and it'll keep coming off!

Back