NORTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking if I am Kruger? If you are, then the answer is nope. My name is Shannon.

:D

Are you asking if I am Kruger? If you are, then the answer is nope. My name is Shannon.
:D
Ha. No, I was asking if you worked for Kruger. They make water/wastewater products and are based in Cary, NC.

Gotcha! No... I work for a controls contractor in Morrisville. It appears a bunch of companies were waterlogged during the tropical storm.

I understand. I used to work for Johnson Controls and then left to get into consulting. We do a lot of work statewide (mostly Raleigh and Chapel Hill) and I have worked with numerous controls contractors. Just didn't know if I might have met you before.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does the name War Eagle Engineer come from?

We may have met before. We do a lot of work for Wake County GSA, Wyeth, the new Psyche Hospital, etc. We just recently finished the new prison in Butner and the new jail in Raleigh.

I went to Auburn University in AL. War Eagle is Auburn's battle cry. It stands for the original mascot.

I understand. I used to work for Johnson Controls and then left to get into consulting. We do a lot of work statewide (mostly Raleigh and Chapel Hill) and I have worked with numerous controls contractors. Just didn't know if I might have met you before.

Who do you work for if you dont mind me asking?

RNM Engineers of Waynesville, NC. We are a twenty person firm who specialize in schools and hospital work but we do about anything. I just finished a medium security justice facility in Swain County. We get a lot of customers requesting Andover Controls, especially in schools.

We worked with you guys back in 03 on a renovation job for Cape Fear Valley Med Center. Can you believe I remember that?????

:lol:

Are you ME, EE, ?

ME, but I came to the firm in '04. I just recently did another OR addition and was reviewing what they had done down at Cape Fear. It is funny how people remember jobs. Some of the principals here have been here for 20+ years. They are great guys to work for but every now and then someone will mention a job and they will respond, "We did that a few years back" only to find out it was about 15 years ago. That is how this business works. Fast paced and shoveling them out left and right. It has been good working with people with this much experience. We have literally thousands of jobs in storage that have been done out of this office over the years.

Cape Fear is one of my sites that I work on constantly. I am hoping to get into consulting. Do you like it better than doing controls? I find controls boring after awhile and would like a change.

A change is one of my friends who quit consulting to join the Border Patrol. Going from controls to consulting was like going from the #1 person in the blame game to like the #5 person. Only the owner and architect are lower. Consulting has been very rewarding and frustrating. It is still in the construction industry and therefore is frought with BS, back stabbing, and low bidding but you definitely get to see your ideas come to life. One thing I have found that the controls background makes me want to really get into sequences and the way things will be done out in the field. However, reality is that a more big picture view is called for. The more details you put on the plan, the more you can be held accountable for later if it goes wrong. There is a tendency to want to generalize certain controls aspects to push the burden onto the controls/mechanical contractors.

That is interesting because (and I am sure you have experienced this in your previous job) the control details are vague at best on majority of plans and that leaves a lot open for interpretation. That has to be frustrating, especially with your background.

That explains why one set of drawings I recently received had details for both a pneumatic and DDC VAV box. :huh:

Called today - they said the results were mailed out today. Should be soon.....
This was posted on the "the other board" board.

They are on their way...

:watch:

well, one way or another it will be :beerchug celebration time soon!

now we must check the NCBELS website more than ever!

ALER ALERT ALERT

CHECK THE NCBELS SITE IT IS UPDATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!!

I passed 032041, thats my number woohoo!!!!! Time to party!!!! See you all in the am, maybe!!! :true: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Back