NFL season 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saints really don't look all that strong, they should have blown out the falcons but there wasn't that much separation between them, the Saints do not look like they will make a long run in the playoffs IMO

The saints really don't look all that strong, they should have blown out the falcons but there wasn't that much separation between them, the Saints do not look like they will make a long run in the playoffs IMO
The Falcons game was a complete cluster f*ck. They got overconfident or distracted or complacent or something. (Possibly related: Sean Payton got engaged the same week as the Falcons game... I'm just saying.) They needed that kick in the ass. But I call bull shit. They look amazing in their other recent games. Definitely a few mistakes here and there, but also able to overcome mistakes, bad calls, bad luck, etc. Saints are def top 4, but probably top 2. 

Looking forward to whooping the 49ers this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Falcons were missing Julio Jones and Austin Hooper.  And their kicker might as well not shown up.

The Falcons game was a complete cluster f*ck. They got overconfident or distracted or complacent or something. (Possibly related: Sean Payton got engaged the same week as the Falcons game... I'm just saying.) They needed that kick in the ass. But I call bull shit. They look amazing in their other recent games. Definitely a few mistakes here and there, but also able to overcome mistakes, bad calls, bad luck, etc. Saints are def top 4, but probably top 2. 

The Falcons were missing Julio Jones and Austin Hooper.  And their kicker might as well not shown up.
Wait, we're talking about this week's game that the Saints won? I thought you were talking about the previous one they lost.

The Saints COMPLETELY DOMINATED that game until the last few minutes when they started play prevent defense.

The sports press is dying for some real drama with the Patriots, Brady, and Belichick.  The Pats have lost 2 games this season, and you'd think they were worse than the Bengals with the headlines I'm seeing.  During most of the Patriots Super Bowl years, they had 2 or more losses during the regular season.  Losses during the season don't matter unless you fail to make the playoffs.  

No that game was too close to call the Saints the second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf, had Young Kim Zoo not pissed those kicks and had Julio been there that could very easily have been another L for the saints. they SHOULD have beat the falcons handily but they didn't, they let them hang around for most of the game...

Saints will go out like any other previous Andy Reid team this year. 

Meanwhile, the Niners' two losses are to the Seahawks by 3 points in overtime (on a missed field goal by undrafted rookie who'd been signed three days earlier), and to the Ravens by 3 points in regular time.

Meanwhile, the Niners' two losses are to the Seahawks by 3 points in overtime (on a missed field goal by undrafted rookie who'd been signed three days earlier), and to the Ravens by 3 points in regular time.
And are in a wild card spot currently.

Ron Rivera is out!  :bananalama: :beerchug:

He was going to be out regardless of whether Rivera stayed or not.  They're just waiting to see who's available in the draft/free agency.  I suspect they will pull Allen (at least for a couple games) and put Grier in to get a feel for whether they think either of them will be good enough, but with Allen tanking against terrible teams (albeit not his fault entirely), I'm not sure they think of him as the future like they did after his first four games.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was time for Rivera to go, although I'm still surprised that Tepper fired him this early. I'm guessing that he's going to be looking at some NCAA coaches early on because he won't be able to interview any NFL coaches until the season is over unless I'm mistaken. As for Cam, I think that the Panthers will keep him next year for the last year of his contract because I don't think he has much trade value with the injuries he has had lately. His salary is about middle of the pack for starting quarterbacks and I don't see the benefit of cutting him when you don't have a real replacement on the team. Allen has shown that he's a good backup but he should not be starting long-term. I'd be interested to see what Grier offers as well, so I do hope they play him some over the next 4 weeks.

Back