NFL FOOTBALL 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst picture of a football fridge ever. No beer, no cheese, no grill anywhere in sight. Is that some sort of sub-urban wanna-be fan fridge?

^ how's this:

Fans.jpg

Go Bears!!!!!! Thank you Bengals for beating GB!!!
:madgo:

I can't be too upset about it because any team that has 4 turn-overs can't expect to win. Cincy got lucky at the end because of a rookie mistake. Bears killed the Steelers. We all know that they can never maintain momentum though. See you in December. ;)

The only thing worse than having to watch you team go to 0-3 (Tampa Bay) is having to constantly hear about the drama that may or may not exist on the team. Ohhh, the head coach doesn't like the QB, he wants a trade, no he doesn't, they are going to fire the coach, no they can't, blah blah blah. I want an actual article or news report about what they may being doing to try to improve the team, not a bunch of useless drama.

ngnrd - PE said:
How can anybody that knows anything about football compare him - on any level - to his brother Eli? They shouldn't even be in the same league.

Wins and football knowledge are important, but in long-term history, QBs are known by number of Super Bowl wins. Eli is currently winning that race 2 to 1. Getting a whole bunch of wins every year and killing teams early in the season doesn't mean shit if you don't bring home the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
And "that guy" on the Ravens team has 2 SB rings also and people don't put him in the same classification as Brady, Manning, Chris Chandler, etc... Just kidding about the Chris Chandler part...

ngnrd - PE said:
Jeff Hostetler, Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson each have a ring. Are you telling me that those guys are ALL better QB's than Jim Kelly(HoF), Fran Tarkenton(HoF), Dan Fouts(HoF), Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon(HoF), and Dan Marino(HoF) - with zero rings between them? (All comparisons made in the respective player's prime, of course.)

Yes, Eli has one more ring than Peyton. I'd say that is a clear indication of how much better the Giants as a team were than the Colts were as a team. It certainly doesn't prove that Eli's a good quarterback - because he's most definitely not.

Barry Sanders never won a Superbowl. Heck, he never even PLAYED in a Superbowl. Yet, his lack of a ring takes nothing away from the fact that he is one of the greatest running backs of all time.
+1.

And +10 about Sanders.

I read the other day that London was lobbying for an NFL team. The gimmick works once a year because the NFL is a spectacle in Europe that can probably only fill a stadium once a year. It would be murder on the teams in their division if they had a full-fledged team over there. You pretty much have to schedule the bye week after the London game in order to get over jet lag and prepare for the next game properly.

That road game at Seattle would be a doozy. 8 hour time difference. ...

3 used to mess me up when I would fly from MA to WA to visit my XILs.

Plus you have to deal with all the customs crap. And players that may not to live on another continent.

Do a B league with several teams in Europe if you must. Oh wait, they already tried that and it went defunct.

Don't ever underestimate what a group of billionaires will come up with...

But I agree its absurd and I would be pissed of my home team got shipped across the pond to play even once a season... It's total disrespect for the fans...

I may have to just write this thread (and anything related to the NFL) off for the rest of the season.

Man, this is rough

Back