NFL FOOTBALL 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish they would dump TNF all together..
Agreed. The announcers are horrible, no one can typically even see the game, and the whole NFL network things just doesn't seem like it's worth it.

I don't mind games on Thurs., but put it on ESPN or another network with some decent announcers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting. The commentators for TNF are not in the Top Ten Worst Commentators. Gruden and Aikman are, which for me is odd since I believe they are good.

It also can't be good for the players to play on 3 days rest, whenever I each it I never see to see the same level of play as Sunday/Monday games...

I am not a fan of the Thursday night games. I agree with RG, this is a very aggressive game with injuries often. It really screws with the recoop time for players. And now they are considering adding at least a regular game in London, with the thought of a permanent team there. Would suck to travel there from Seattle.

Legally, they can't play on Friday or Saturday for the majority of the season due to conflicts with HS and college football. Plus those are typically bad nights for TV ratings. So that leaves Thursday. Mostly I just watch sports in primetime so I like it.

But the NFLN telecast feels like a second rate production. Am I watching the NFL or Bismarck girls hoops on the local sports channel?

Agreed. Aside from my feelings towards the NFL just trying create more revenue with the Thursday night games, they definitely need better broadcasting.

Why not do a Tuesday night game? Play it a couple days later instead of 3 days early.

^When I lived on the East Coast, most of the MNF games ended early Tuesday morning. Problem solved!

Agreed. Aside from my feelings towards the NFL just trying create more revenue with the Thursday night games, they definitely need better broadcasting.
The actual game I can deal with, but the pre/post/halftime shows are comparable to a rabid ferret in my shorts.

I passed completely on the Gmen game and played in the snow with the kiddos. Definitely enjoyed that more than that pathetic showing.

I wish they would dump TNF and MNF, football is Saturday and Sunday by god. Any other day and it gets in the way. Who needs pro football 3 nights a week, especially when most people don't even care about the two teams playing on any given Thursday / Monday. I follow the hokies on Saturday and the bucks on Sunday. Plus fantasy football smack talk is only fun in Sundays anyway because all of us guys in the leagues have actual lives the rest of the week, and it just sucks not knowing the victories for the league until Tuesday morning.

PACKERS!!!!!!!! HOLY COMEBACK! LOL ROMEO!
1476679_623361991061565_445941314_n.jpg

I want the Ravens to lose tonight for the sole reason I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs...

Back