NFL 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^true. Don't think a QB older than 38 has ever won a Super Bowl.

Peyton is still a hell of an athlete... I hope he calls it quits while people still think that of him

I do not disagree. But a hell of an athlete at 20 something >>>>> hell of an athlete almost 40.

For some reason I cannot understand Denver's passing game regressed during the final part of the season. Peyton's numbers were not even close to the ones he was putting at the beginning. Then Denver, at least officially, decided they wanted to be more physical and run the ball more. I guess it did not work. Am not an expert but the game against St. Louis was a turning point, a bad turning point, for their season.

^^^ Sore and beat up QB would explain it. They can say they ran it because a "balanced running game is what wins in the playoffs", but what they should have said is "Peyton is dropping off because he's tired."

Didn't help he was playing with a torn quad muscle...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

The team that played yesterday didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs. Gase/Manning are not run-first offensively minded, so it was no shock that the running game sucked. The O-line has been horrible for the last 6+ weeks, and combined with Manning's injury lead to a bad passing game. As optimistic as I usually am about the Broncos, there was no way they were going very far in the postseason this year.

Only thing I can hope for now is for the Seahawks to absolutely throttle New England in the Superbowl so that the Bronco's haters can see Seattle really is that good.

Am OK with any team winning the SB this year. But would like to see Wilson vs Luck on it. If it happens will be a like the pass of the torch.

there's not a bad super bowl scenario, all would be interesting to watch. most interesting to least interesting:

1) Seattle vs New England

2) Seattle vs Indianapolis

3) Green Bay vs Indianapolis

4) Green Bay vs New England

bold is who i would root for. all would be fun to watch. i'm a Hawks fan so obviously scenario 1 and 2 are the most exciting for me.

Seattle vs New England would be "Gimmick vs loophole Bowl"

Are saying this because what Sherman said when Seattle beat New England in 2012?

Seattle vs New England would be a real feast for the media, the Media Bowl. I can already imagine Sherman running his mouth: "They are not going to beat us with that gimmick offense". And then Belichick responding to the press:(insert dark and creepy voice here) "We are focused on the Seahawks team right now and not in a single player".

Like him or not Richard Sherman is a heck of a player and is very smart also. It is not the typical dumb loud mouth.

I really want to pull for the Seahawks but I cant stand Pete Carroll and his excellent hair! (for a guy his age).. I have never really cared for the Colts... Not sure what to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back