NFL 2010 Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got to be a little off to marry RR in the first place.

Steelers get screwed 15 out of the 16 games they play. The 'fins game happened to be the 1 out of 16. Refs messed up.
It usually doesn't seem this way, but this year, the Steelers have really had some questionable calls against them, or some questionable no calls.

they musta pissed someone off.
you're right DV, the Steelers never get a call go their way...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

:p

Of all the teams I follow, the Lions get hosed by officials most often. There must be an unwritten ref rule: "Detroit sucks and commits a lot of penalties. So if you think they might have committed a foul, the probably did."

Suh get penalized all the time for things that would not be penalties if he weren't so strong. He just sends guys flying and it is like refs think, "That looked crazy ... must be a penalty."

Steelers get screwed 15 out of the 16 games they play. The 'fins game happened to be the 1 out of 16. Refs messed up.
It usually doesn't seem this way, but this year, the Steelers have really had some questionable calls against them, or some questionable no calls.

Of all the teams I follow, the Lions get hosed by officials most often. There must be an unwritten ref rule: "Detroit sucks and commits a lot of penalties. So if you think they might have committed a foul, the probably did."

Suh get penalized all the time for things that would not be penalties if he weren't so strong. He just sends guys flying and it is like refs think, "That looked crazy ... must be a penalty."
I forget who they were playing but I saw Suh get penalized for the shove to the back of a QB who was scrambling at the end of a game. Clean shove but "looked" like a forearm to the back of the head.

I forget who they were playing but I saw Suh get penalized for the shove to the back of a QB who was scrambling at the end of a game. Clean shove but "looked" like a forearm to the back of the head.

The trend I find disturbing in the NFL is calls like those that seem to have less to do with what a guy did and more to do with how how hard he did it. It's like the NFL will allow anything as long as the players are gentle about it.

But regarding the Suh "forearm" on Cutler, what kind of idiot would forearm the back of a helmet? Cutler would have barely felt it and Suh would have probably broke his arm. I have been watching football for decades - from youth leagues to NFL - and have never seen a forearm thrown at a helmet.

...Suh get penalized all the time for things that would not be penalties if he weren't so strong. He just sends guys flying and it is like refs think, "That looked crazy ... must be a penalty."
I saw a Sports Science segment on Sprotscenter featuring Suh, and they showed that he is just a superhuman freak in football pads, both strength and agility-wise.

I just figured it out. Can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

Fox will get fired, Panthers pick up Cowher, and he works the trade

Roethlesberger goes to Carolina, Steelers get their pick in draft. Andrew Luck.

My new car has Sirus/XM so I got to listen to the 'skins game during the 4 hour drive home yesterday. A 'skins win and a Dallas lose = MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I just figured it out. Can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.
Fox will get fired, Panthers pick up Cowher, and he works the trade

Roethlesberger goes to Carolina, Steelers get their pick in draft. Andrew Luck.
Don't even speak of this crazy talk! I don't get the love of Cowher for the Panther's fans down here. He's the same type of coach as Fox is. He want's to play good defense and have a run first offense, just like Fox.

But anyway, Luck is ours (assuming he leaves) since Denver and the Bengals won this weekend.

totally missed the bears game yesterday...visting friends and family(again) that don't watch football until the superbowl.

The score looks like it was a good game

Spent the weekend outside the Chicago/Milwaukee TV market so I got to watch the Rams actually win a football game. Not a bad weekend.

Back