NFL 2010 Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vikings to play a home game against the Bears in Atlanta?
According to this article it is a possibility

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3856049.story

Sounds like a lot of work still needs to be done to get the stadium ready so we'll see (and the weather doesn't sound like it is cooperating). Plus the stadium is not setup for winter operations. Everything is open to the elements, bathrooms, concession, etc and do not have heaters. Plus no beer taps.
all those things can be addressed it is just matter of if there is time. Bears played at U of I stadium while soldiers field was under renovation...they can bring in beer taps.

a bunch of sissy marys if they don't want to play in the snow.

QFT.

Hey Snick - the Bears didn't want to play in the snow on Sunday.

As for Atlanta, I had heard The big oil drum in Indy, but that might attract too many Chicago fans.

I say stick 'em in Denver, or Lambeau, or Gillette, or the Meadowlands. None of this dome lameness.

I'm all for them playing at the U of Minn stadium if they can prep it in time. Besides, the thought of going to a game where everyone wasn't belligerent and piss drunk sounds good to me.

QFT.

Hey Snick - the Bears didn't want to play in the snow on Sunday.

As for Atlanta, I had heard The big oil drum in Indy, but that might attract too many Chicago fans.

I say stick 'em in Denver, or Lambeau, or Gillette, or the Meadowlands. None of this dome lameness.

I'm all for them playing at the U of Minn stadium if they can prep it in time. Besides, the thought of going to a game where everyone wasn't belligerent and piss drunk sounds good to me.
the sissy mary comment applies to the bears too. You signed up to play for team with an outdoor stadium with a sporting season that runs into winter...mother nature has been generous the past few year holding out with major snows until after the season ended. I remember watching bears games when I was little when the snow was worse than what they had this past weekend. The players stepped up and played. None of this whining.

all those things can be addressed it is just matter of if there is time. Bears played at U of I stadium while soldiers field was under renovation...they can bring in beer taps.
Time is not on their side. Sure the bears played elsewhere while soldier field was under renovation but the difference there is that they knew soldier field would be under renovation so they made other plans accordingly. Given only a week to dig out a stadium from under what appears to be a lot of snow and ice, and prepare it for a professional football game seems a tall order. Forget beer, it doesn't sound like they have running water in that stadium yet!

Moving the game to Atlanta seems a bit crazy too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vikings to play a home game against the Bears in Atlanta?
According to this article it is a possibility

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3856049.story

Sounds like a lot of work still needs to be done to get the stadium ready so we'll see (and the weather doesn't sound like it is cooperating). Plus the stadium is not setup for winter operations. Everything is open to the elements, bathrooms, concession, etc and do not have heaters. Plus no beer taps.

agree that they can all be addressed. One issue that even some of the Vikings players are concerned about is the frozen field. there are no heaters and while they can place a trap with heaters to thaw the field, it is expected that the field will freeze pretty quickly once the game starts given the temperature forecast

I just realized that if I win this week in Fantasy Football I get in the playoffs. A loss and Im done. I need Peterson and McNabb to step it up this week.

Last year I grabbed the last seed in the playoffs and managed to win the whole thing. Fingers crossed for a repeat.

I just realized that if I win this week in Fantasy Football I get in the playoffs. A loss and Im done. I need Peterson and McNabb to step it up this week.
Last year I grabbed the last seed in the playoffs and managed to win the whole thing. Fingers crossed for a repeat.
good luck!!

I pulled off the most incredible upset last weekend. Our league has 4 playoff spots, and I was in a 4 way tie for 4th. I had the least "Points For" which is the first tiebreaker, so basically, I needed all 3 of the others to lose. I beat one of them in my matchup by 2 points. The best team in the league beat one of the others. The worst team in the league came back on Monday night to beat the last one. The guy I beat was super pissed because he has something like the 2nd highest "Points For" value in the league, but finished at 7-7...everybody stepped up their game when they played him.

dont care for the viking or bears but if the seats were cheap (or free) and they have it in Atlanta may be hard to resist going...

dont care for the viking or bears but if the seats were cheap (or free) and they have it in Atlanta may be hard to resist going...
you could turn it into a drinking game. Anytime Cutler gets sacked or intercepted you have to chug a beer. you'll be sloppy drunk before halftime, or at least out of money

you could turn it into a drinking game. Anytime Cutler gets sacked or intercepted you have to chug a beer. you'll be sloppy drunk before halftime, or at least out of money
You wanna know what's sad? With the sorry state of the Broncos, I miss him.

I pulled off the most incredible upset last weekend. Our league has 4 playoff spots, and I was in a 4 way tie for 4th. I had the least "Points For" which is the first tiebreaker, so basically, I needed all 3 of the others to lose. I beat one of them in my matchup by 2 points. The best team in the league beat one of the others. The worst team in the league came back on Monday night to beat the last one. The guy I beat was super pissed because he has something like the 2nd highest "Points For" value in the league, but finished at 7-7...everybody stepped up their game when they played him.

The 8th place team in our league knocked off the top seed (who had demolished everyone all year) on the OT pick six in the Houston/Baltimore game.

I love NFL football but all these Thursday night games is too much to keep up with. I have a hard time justifying Thursday nights, all day Sunday (1 pm, 4 pm and late game) and then Monday night to watching football. Its too much...TOO MUCH I SAY!

I don't know who writes the articles that you guys are pulling, but the NFL has approved the Vikes vs Bears in TCF Stadium. (The U of M football stadium)

The "volunteers" were paid $10/hr to shovel and the snow will be gone this morning.

I'm still laughing at the Altanta stadium idea. Yesterday, my client suggested that we would play in Green Bay. Vikes vs Bears in GB??? That would be something to see!

Back