NCEES RESULTS ARE OUT! POST YOUR RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NEC code book provided during the exam is not like the Handbook correct? Its more like the simplified code-only document on the NFPA website?
Correct, is the the NEC codebook, not the handbook. The handbook is really nice with all of the blue text that gives you that extra explanation and figures.

Correct, is the the NEC codebook, not the handbook. The handbook is really nice with all of the blue text that gives you that extra explanation and figures.
Another thing that sucks about the Code Book that it doesn't even list a Table of Contents for each section that lists a briefing of the code numbers and titles.

If we do not use 4 hours in the morning exam. Can we use it for afternoon exam?

If we do not use 4 hours in the morning exam. Can we use it for afternoon exam?
yes, you may use 2 hrs in the morning then 6 hrs in the afternoon, or 3 hrs in the morning and 5 hrs in the afternoon. Whatever you choose as long as the total time will be 8 hrs. But take note that when you submitted the morning session, you will not be allowed to go back on the morning questions anymore.

During my exam, I finished 3 hrs 30 mins in the morning and 4 hrs and 30 mins in the afternoon. 

Finally this torcher is over after multiple cancelations due to Covid. I got the results this morning and passed the first time. Congrats to those who passed and good luck to those who are taking in the coming weeks!

For those of you who took test, were you able to jump pages (i.e. type page 500)?

I have photographic memory and I typically remember page numbers.

For those of you who took test, were you able to jump pages (i.e. type page 500)?

I have photographic memory and I typically remember page numbers.
No I don't recall seeing a place where you could type in a page number. Each reference has bookmarks on the left side that you can click on. The only time you see page numbers is in the search results.

No I don't recall seeing a place where you could type in a page number. Each reference has bookmarks on the left side that you can click on. The only time you see page numbers is in the search results.
That's a bummer.

Thanks for the response!

Hello All,

Question: So in the exam NEC Code, If i search for small sentences like "Minimum Fire Rating" , Will it search ? or It will only work for single words like "Minimum", "Fire", "Rating" ? 

Hello All,

Question: So in the exam NEC Code, If i search for small sentences like "Minimum Fire Rating" , Will it search ? or It will only work for single words like "Minimum", "Fire", "Rating" ? 
It will search for "minimum fire rating" but if that phrase splits across multiple lines then you might not see it in the results. I know if there is a dash inserted within a word to go to a new line it will not appear in the results. I would start small with the search's or don't assume you are seeing all of the results if you are searching for 3 or 4 words at one time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]During my preparation for the exam, I used to study from NEC handbook and I become familiar with its contents and its explanations but when I know that the exam provide us the NEC code not handbook I got confused [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]😰[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. I tried to solve many questions but I took time to get required section. My question regarding provided reference during the exam is there a tap to show the sections so I can click on it and go directly to related section (such as section 430 for motors) without looking into table of content? if not, what is the best way to do it with consuming much time on searching?  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]During my preparation for the exam, I used to study from NEC handbook and I become familiar with its contents and its explanations but when I know that the exam provide us the NEC code not handbook I got confused [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]😰[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. I tried to solve many questions but I took time to get required section. My question regarding provided reference during the exam is there a tap to show the sections so I can click on it and go directly to related section (such as section 430 for motors) without looking into table of content? if not, what is the best way to do it with consuming much time on searching?  [/SIZE]
There is a bookmark tab within the PDFs as well so you can navigate to each article. 

I passed as well! After scheduled to take it in April and October, I'm thankful I was able to keep my head up and be okay with the fact I could no longer bring in my own references. I would like to thank everyone on here who posted questions and answered questions that most of us likely had. Also a big thanks to @justin-hawaii, @Zach Stone, P.E. and @Cram For The PE. I started over a year ago now going through Justin's Study Guide and using it as the main content for my custom binder. His exams are also very valuable. I also did two months of Zach's course and was able to take advantage of an additional 2 months since the April exam was canceled. There are tons of videos in the on-demand course and 10+ question quizzes after many of the sections. His practice exam is also very good. The Cram exams were definitely on the harder side but there is a lot of qualitative info you can learn from them. 

Also thank you to everyone who took the exam early on in December and provided insight into the testing atmosphere such as navigating the references.

I passed!! I'm so happy and thankful!! Thanks to this forum, the discord, the subreddit, @Zach Stone, P.E.'s courses/videos and Eng Pro Guides sample exams.

And also thanks to my coworkers/friends, but they're not virtual so they'll get real thank you cards.

Hard work pays off! Congratulations my friend!

Back