NCEES RESULTS ARE OUT! POST YOUR RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed on 12/21 as well! I'll be posting NCEES, Complex Imaginary, and Spin-Up Practice Exam Books (all unmarked and like new except for binding wear) on Yard Sale later once I have more time to do price research, but feel free to direct message with offers in the meantime if anyone is interested.

Exam 12/21/2020 Florida I passed 

What is next? do you need to do anything at my end or they will send me the PE number and certificate automatically? 

What is next? do you need to do anything at my end or they will send me the PE number and certificate automatically? 
I am in Virginia. Underneath my green "Passed", there is a link to click called "Next steps" which takes me to Virginia's website. They say they will automatically mail me the license. Do you not have "Next steps" under yours on the NCEES website?

Start here: https://fbpe.org/new-licensees/ there is an email at the bottom if you still have questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

But after failing my first attempt in Oct 2019, and after getting the exam reschedule twice due to COVID, I finally passed my PE Exam!!! 

I seriously could not have passed without @Zach Stone, P.E. PE Electrical review course. From day one he has been nothing short of professional, and his study guide and lesson plans are THE reason why I was able to nail it this time around. You just need to clamp down, attend the live sessions (replays are available), and practice, practice, practice.

I still can’t believe it’s finally over. I’ll admit I’ll add the PE handle to my name once I formally get licensed by the state of CA haha 😁😁

AD931AFB-9164-4593-8C34-C47CA3605F7B.jpeg

But after failing my first attempt in Oct 2019, and after getting the exam reschedule twice due to COVID, I finally passed my PE Exam!!! 

I seriously could not have passed without @Zach Stone, P.E. PE Electrical review course. From day one he has been nothing short of professional, and his study guide and lesson plans are THE reason why I was able to nail it this time around. You just need to clamp down, attend the live sessions (replays are available), and practice, practice, practice.

I still can’t believe it’s finally over. I’ll admit I’ll add the PE handle to my name once I formally get licensed by the state of CA haha 😁😁

View attachment 20458
Congrats @ryjames, proud of all your hard work this past semester!

I passed as well! After scheduled to take it in April and October, I'm thankful I was able to keep my head up and be okay with the fact I could no longer bring in my own references. I would like to thank everyone on here who posted questions and answered questions that most of us likely had. Also a big thanks to @justin-hawaii, @Zach Stone, P.E. and @Cram For The PE. I started over a year ago now going through Justin's Study Guide and using it as the main content for my custom binder. His exams are also very valuable. I also did two months of Zach's course and was able to take advantage of an additional 2 months since the April exam was canceled. There are tons of videos in the on-demand course and 10+ question quizzes after many of the sections. His practice exam is also very good. The Cram exams were definitely on the harder side but there is a lot of qualitative info you can learn from them. 

Also thank you to everyone who took the exam early on in December and provided insight into the testing atmosphere such as navigating the references.
Congrats @Rburns18

View attachment 20458
Congrats @ryjames!, now you can charge your phone 'coz it will die soon. 😄

Congrats @farhap. I applied in Florida as well. You might need to check their website for additional information.

I would recommend that you create an NCEES record and transmit to them so you can fill out the less application forms.

Here's the website with FAQs.

https://fbpe.org/licensure/licensure-process/professional-engineers/

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats @farhap. I applied in Florida as well. You might need to check their website for additional information.

I would recommend that you create an NCEES record and transmit to them so you can fill out the less application forms.

Here's the website with FAQs.

https://fbpe.org/licensure/licensure-process/professional-engineers/
The one thing I am confused about is: do I need to resend new PE references, experience verification, and education verification? 

I did all the before the first attempt back in 2018, try did not need new documents when I retook the exam in 2019. 

no sure for this time if I need it or not. My first two attempts I used to get the board approval before I register in NCEES

The one thing I am confused about is: do I need to resend new PE references, experience verification, and education verification? 

I did all the before the first attempt back in 2018, try did not need new documents when I retook the exam in 2019. 

no sure for this time if I need it or not. My first two attempts I used to get the board approval before I register in NCEES
I can only speak using Pennsylvania as an example, but I think most states should be similar. The state you are initially applying for your PE in shouldn't require you to resubmit everything after passing the exam. PA automatically issued my license after receiving confirmation of my exam results from NCEES. 

It should be similar for you in FL, assuming you submitted documentation in FL to receive approval to sit for the exam. Once you have initial PE licensure in that first state, all of the subsequent states you apply for comity licensure in probably require a lot of paperwork and references, and that is where doing the NCEES record is supposed to save you time (assuming you are applying for comity licensure in more that one additional state or are uncertain how many states you will need). 

@BebeshKing PE I am also applying for PE license through FBPE but was wondering something. There's the $230 fee payable to FBPE but if you apply using the NCEES records program is there then also a fee to NCEES? 

NCEES website isn't very clear on this.

@BebeshKing PE I am also applying for PE license through FBPE but was wondering something. There's the $230 fee payable to FBPE but if you apply using the NCEES records program is there then also a fee to NCEES? 

NCEES website isn't very clear on this.
Yes, there is a fee for NCEES to transmit your NCEES record to the board. it cost me $100 to transmit my NCEES record. I payed using credit card.

I would contact FBPE to clear things up. I can only speak based on my experience which is applying for PE license with my NCEES record. Good luck!  :)

Back