NCEES RESULTS ARE OUT! POST YOUR RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew! I passed!

Shout out to  @Zach Stone, P.E.. I would not have passed without taking his course. From the free practice exam I won from Zach on these forums, to the endless hours that guy must put in, he is the man. I am a corrosion engineer who never uses any of what is tested on except for the small portion on soil resistivity. I had to relearn everything required to pass the PE exam. His classes are absolutely necessary if you are serious about passing. Well that and about 400+ hours of studying... Congrats to everyone who passed and good luck to everyone else! You got this. 

View attachment 20141
Congrats @zgsharon!

I love that you were one of the winners from the large practice exam giveaway. Please shoot me an email if you haven't already so I can follow up with you.

PASSED!!

Finally after 2 times exam cancellation and studied for almost a year (more than 500 hours), I am so happy to see "PASS". I feel so much relax and life's one of the educational goal is complete. I have studied various material - Graffeo study guide, Cram - study guide and exams (first 3), Engineering Pro Guide - study guide, codes exam and exams (both - full and final), plus Engineering PE Review (Zack Stone's site). I enrolled in Zack's course for month and it was a tremendous help to overcome my silly mistakes. All Thumbs up to his live classes and study preparation materials. Finally, I can devote time to my wife and lovely 5 months old daughter.  I am sure - Various life events continue to happen in everyone's life, but do not side track on your path. There is no alternative or shortcut for "success".

Congratulations to all who passed CBT exam so far!

Good Luck to others who are scheduled for or preparing for it!!
Congrats @Nirav and thanks for the kind words. Thanks for being part of our online study program for the PE exam.

I'm sure your wife and daughter are equally excited since you get your free time back from studying to spend more time with them ♥️.

I failed the exam this round and am looking for a review course for April. I know multiple people who took School of PE and failed the exam so I'm trying to figure out what company to go with. I've heard EET has great instructors but haven't heard anything about the other companies. Can you guys post which review courses you took with your result and your opinion of them? 

I failed the exam this round and am looking for a review course for April. I know multiple people who took School of PE and failed the exam so I'm trying to figure out what company to go with. I've heard EET has great instructors but haven't heard anything about the other companies. Can you guys post which review courses you took with your result and your opinion of them? 
Without a doubt, Zach Stone's Electrical PE review. https://www.electricalpereview.com/

Just passed on my first time taking it as an engineer with ZERO power experience. See that big red button above your post, click on it, and sign up for his course. You will pass. 

I took School of PE and it was OK in my experience.  The geotechnical teacher was very hard to understand due to his accent, but besides that all the instructors were spot on.  I passed the exam on the first try.  The trick is to have all the reference materials that NCEES tells you to bring and knowing how to navigate them quickly.  Time management is half the battle.

I have seen most of the materials from my engineering firm and others taking different courses. @Zach Stone, P.E. at www.electricalpereview.com is uncontested the best. If you are serious about wanting to pass, and not waste your time, that is the place to go. It is laid out absolutely perfectly!

Unfortunately I did not pass, originally was signed up for the April Exam earlier this year, that was delayed to October, which led into me taking it 12/7 for the first time as the CBT test. I would like to think I mostly suffered as the prep material I had was geared towards the Pen and paper exams, but that could be just an easy excuse. I definitley was not ready for the conceptual questions (or as many as there were) and I think that's what got me. I mostly worked practice problems from the NCEES practice test I had from ~July and a few other practice tests I had from fellow employees.

I'm definitely bummed, but I now know the areas I need to focus on. I really want to do crunch time and take it again towards the end of February because I really want to get this under my belt.

I don't think I will go for the full Zach Stone PE course, since I spent so much money on Testmasters (which I am not fond of after the fact - the book info is helpful but I found their on demand video course to be lacking), but I did see his practice test on amazon and might end up purchasing that at the very least to throw some new problems in there. Also I wonder if his practice exam was updated for the CBT format? Any other recommendations or resources would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately I did not pass, originally was signed up for the April Exam earlier this year, that was delayed to October, which led into me taking it 12/7 for the first time as the CBT test. I would like to think I mostly suffered as the prep material I had was geared towards the Pen and paper exams, but that could be just an easy excuse. I definitley was not ready for the conceptual questions (or as many as there were) and I think that's what got me. I mostly worked practice problems from the NCEES practice test I had from ~July and a few other practice tests I had from fellow employees.

I'm definitely bummed, but I now know the areas I need to focus on. I really want to do crunch time and take it again towards the end of February because I really want to get this under my belt.

I don't think I will go for the full Zach Stone PE course, since I spent so much money on Testmasters (which I am not fond of after the fact - the book info is helpful but I found their on demand video course to be lacking), but I did see his practice test on amazon and might end up purchasing that at the very least to throw some new problems in there. Also I wonder if his practice exam was updated for the CBT format? Any other recommendations or resources would be greatly appreciated!
honestly, spend the money.

i took the test 7 times. for my 7th try, i finally caved and did @Zach Stone, P.E.'s class (after having done research previously on other classes options). Zach's class is the most budget friendly. Legit best bang for your buck. I'm constantly raving to coworkers who come to me for advice about his class and materials. Zach constantly updates and improves his content. Unlike a lot of other companies. And after Zach's class & materials, I passed. (I mean it helped that I desperately wanted Oct 2019 to be the last time I was a source for @RBHeadge PE's map and it was my last attempt on my application) 

I would also get the prep material from @justin-hawaii (Engineering Pro Guides) 

Cheaper in the long run to pay Zach now. 

honestly, spend the money.

i took the test 7 times. for my 7th try, i finally caved and did @Zach Stone, P.E.'s class (after having done research previously on other classes options). Zach's class is the most budget friendly. Legit best bang for your buck. I'm constantly raving to coworkers who come to me for advice about his class and materials. Zach constantly updates and improves his content. Unlike a lot of other companies. And after Zach's class & materials, I passed. (I mean it helped that I desperately wanted Oct 2019 to be the last time I was a source for @RBHeadge PE's map and it was my last attempt on my application) 

I would also get the prep material from @justin-hawaii (Engineering Pro Guides) 

Cheaper in the long run to pay Zach now. 
Honestly, I do believe you. Looking up his pricing it wouldn't be bad at all to do like 2 months to get that final prep in and take it again. Time to bust my a$$ and get it right this time.. appreciate the advice!

Honestly, I do believe you. Looking up his pricing it wouldn't be bad at all to do like 2 months to get that final prep in and take it again. Time to bust my a$$ and get it right this time.. appreciate the advice!
no prob!

other advice i have: take some time off before you sign up/restart studying. give yourself a break- like maybe til just after the new year.

i 100% get wanting to crush it but i very quickly made the decision to retake after my 1st attempt and it did not go well. taking a little time to reflect, decompress, and make sure it's not an emotional decision will help you in the long run 

If you want to post your diagnostic report, we may be able to refer you materials to help you in each section!

If you want to post your diagnostic report, we may be able to refer you materials to help you in each section!
The diagnostic reports are nonsense now!

The out of 15 thing is so confused and unneccesary. What was wrong with the old format?! 

The diagnostic reports are nonsense now!

The out of 15 thing is so confused and unneccesary. What was wrong with the old format?! 
I agree it is crazy, but it does show you how well you did vs PASSING test takers in each subject. It really doesn't matter if you got 1 or 14 out of protection if you're to the left of the line you have to work on it.  I took this CBT crazy test 5 or 6 times for FE so I know those diagnostic results well!

Yeah, just to pile on to everyone else's advice.  I'm so glad that I decided to go with Zach's course on my first attempt.  I didn't take any other courses but I have a hard time imagining any come close.  

And his course and material are constantly improving.  I was amazed how much was added to mountain of information available before the test changed to CBT and then he really kicked it into high gear.  It pretty much replaced my other resources even though I got quite a bit out of Engineering Pro Guides as well. 

I'll be honest, I'm a little ashamed to post it but have to get over that to get help. I was shocked at the instrumentation one being flat out 0. I know I suffered on machines, that was definitely a weakness. I was a little surprised about Power Devices because I felt good about transformers, so must've been something else I was weak on. I work in Substation design as a consultant and actually did decent in those areas specific to my work such as Protection, but outside of that I definitely seem to have suffered.

In general I was pretty weak across the board it looks like, I just wish we had a % idea of how we did to even remotely know how many questions we actually got wrong on. I think I will for sure have to proceed with @Zach Stone, P.E. course to prepare my next attempt (I think I will aim for March).

The worst is I knew that after the test I wasn't sure how the machine questions went because those were tough, but I wasn't expecting my "performance" to be this low/middle ground across the board like it was. But I've been studying on/off since July at least (stopped at some point when they cancelled the October exam and picked back up in late October), so it was time for me to just see the real thing I think.

I think I just needed to work more problems from a variety of backgrounds, towards the end I focused on the NCEES practice exam questions and that didn't help me much on the actual exam.

image.png

@mxg2579 I sucked at machines too. And Zach's class made it make so much more sense. Since everyone here is like "use wildi, it's so great". IDK I tried it but it didn't work for me.

I think I got a 0 in instrumentation once too. And like you, I'm a substation design consultant so that hurt. But like machines didn't because how often do we use it?! Not ever for me. 

Shoot me a DM and I'll look thru the exam sections (I forget what's in each section rn and I'm on my phone). I can see what I have for some of the topics you feel weaker on. And provide guidance/encouragement the best I can (if you want)

[This offer is open to anyone who has failed the power pe. Failing sucks, I've been there a lot and I didn't have support the first few times so I'm here if you need me]

@mxg2579 I sucked at machines too. And Zach's class made it make so much more sense. Since everyone here is like "use wildi, it's so great". IDK I tried it but it didn't work for me.

I think I got a 0 in instrumentation once too. And like you, I'm a substation design consultant so that hurt. But like machines didn't because how often do we use it?! Not ever for me. 

Shoot me a DM and I'll look thru the exam sections (I forget what's in each section rn and I'm on my phone). I can see what I have for some of the topics you feel weaker on. And provide guidance/encouragement the best I can (if you want)

[This offer is open to anyone who has failed the power pe. Failing sucks, I've been there a lot and I didn't have support the first few times so I'm here if you need me]
Thanks for the advice and support, I really appreciate it!

I wish I had found this forum sooner this is a great community. 

Back