NCEES News Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had nightmares about this past October. I've dreamt that I was absolutely crushing the test and then they call the 1 minute warning and I realized that my scantron-answer sheet was blank. I hope up screaming NOOOOO....
This october, I asked how much time was left, proctor said 10 min. Then the main proctor said 5 min left just after I was told 10. I had like 5 blank, so I had to make educated guesses. I hate it so much.

I figure we have at least 50 more hours to go. Probably a lot more.... The stress gets exponentially worse with time.

Join the spam thread or go to the gym. It helps. A lot.
The last go around I was sitting at my desk refreshing like a madman, so many wasted hours... And then I saw the big red fail and just gave up on the day. Too depressed to even drink.

Magically, this time I'll be in Iceland, maybe with limited wifi. And if I fail... I'll just drink and puffin watch and deal with it when I get back. And I joined back with my gym five weeks ago, so that helps with the nervous energy. I hope we all pass. I believe in us. But my expectations are fully managed at this point. Ugh.

I was feeling pretty confident these last couple of weeks, but now that we're down to (presumably) THE week, my anxiety is through the roof.  It doesn't help that I was also able to take registration all the way to to checkout.  I already know what that big red fail looks like...I'd sure like to know what a big green pass feels like!!
I don't think being able to take it all the way to checkout is a determination if we failed or passed. Just my opinion. 

I keep thinking about what i'll do when i see the green pass:

- Woop and smack my knees on the desk as I jump out of my chair

- Quietly and smugly smile to myself and text everyone a selfie "Does this look like PE to you?"

- laugh hysterically

- cry hysterically

...then I get paranoid that I'm jinxing myself, so start to imagine being all depressed and pathetic.

It's a vicious circle.
Agreed.

I don't think being able to take it all the way to checkout is a determination if we failed or passed. Just my opinion. 
Yup. I can definitely see the scenario where I register and pay for the April 2018 exam (due to worse case scenario of failing October 2017), then finding out I passed and NCEES won't let me cancel or give my money back for April exam. Everyone loves money! Seems like registration is open till February 15 so plenty of time to register. 

I do wonder if the stress of waiting for the results is greater than the stress of studying before the exam? Any thoughts on that?

Yup. I can definitely see the scenario where I register and pay for the April 2018 exam (due to worse case scenario of failing October 2017), then finding out I passed and NCEES won't let me cancel or give my money back for April exam. Everyone loves money! Seems like registration is open till February 15 so plenty of time to register. 

I do wonder if the stress of waiting for the results is greater than the stress of studying before the exam? Any thoughts on that?
I think it's all stress, but one is productive and one is detrimental to my health. It's like anticipation for something you don't want to happen, but there is no avoidance. Mental torture.

Yeah it is. My stomach has dropped already a couple times today just thinking about the email. It was my second time taking it so I wasn't as nervous as the first just because I knew what to expect. It's nice to read everyone else is feeling like me and doing the same things I am doing (Constantly on here, signing in to NCEES even though I know my result is not posted, etc.) 

Good times.

Yeah it is. My stomach has dropped already a couple times today just thinking about the email. It was my second time taking it so I wasn't as nervous as the first just because I knew what to expect. It's nice to read everyone else is feeling like me and doing the same things I am doing (Constantly on here, signing in to NCEES even though I know my result is not posted, etc.) 

Good times.
I don't think I could tell you how many times I've logged into myNCEES today, not to mention the past 38 days. Second time isn't any easier than the first...maybe even more stressful. The feeling of dread is all consuming today. 

Agreed.  Can you imagine how much programming time it would take to ensure that candidates who passed the PE couldn't register for the next exam?
It's funny you say that cause that's what I thought of as well. No way they wrote code to prevent people from registering until results. 

LOL, is this a joke? Unless you are going someplace really really remote, free fast wifi is everywhere in Iceland. Even the buses have wifi.
If this is for real I can't tell if I'm happy about this. I'll be in a hot spring day one and then some kind of Golden Circle excursion the day results should post. If there is wifi at these places I'm never coming back. That environment is far superior.

Don't register for the next exam until after you find out that you failed and you are willing to try again. No need to get ahead of yourself.

Only once have the results been so delayed that it ran within a month of the registration deadline. Looking at you Pennsylvania. Even then everyone had plenty of time to register anyway.

The stress of waiting for the results in that last week is far worse than studying, taking the exam, and the first 5 weeks of waiting combined.

If this is for real I can't tell if I'm happy about this. I'll be in a hot spring day one and then some kind of Golden Circle excursion the day results should post. If there is wifi at these places I'm never coming back. That environment is far superior.
We don't know when the results are coming out yet, so don't pre-plan anything yet. Iceland is also 5 hours ahead, so you probably won't hear back until after most of you tours are done anyway.

Iceland is great! You'll love it. I did a similar tours when I was there. The only time I didn't have wifi was when I was scuba diving and spelunking. Of course I didn't bring my phone with me to the various hot springs because my phone wasn't water proof, but I saw others in those places carefully holding electronics so I assume they had wifi. There was definitely wifi everywhere else in those facilities.

I was feeling pretty confident these last couple of weeks, but now that we're down to (presumably) THE week, my anxiety is through the roof.  It doesn't help that I was also able to take registration all the way to to checkout.  I already know what that big red fail looks like...I'd sure like to know what a big green pass feels like!!
I'm right there with you my virtual friend, I've seen that awful red box twice now and hoping to experience the joy and exuberance of seeing green this time....I already know I won't have a productive week at work thinking about the results of the PE...and it's only going to get worse as the week progresses...Thursday can't get here fast enough !!... ugh....until then...let's keep hoping, praying, crossing fingers, or whatever makes you feel good...

Don't register for the next exam until after you find out that you failed and you are willing to try again. No need to get ahead of yourself.

Only once have the results been so delayed that it ran within a month of the registration deadline. Looking at you Pennsylvania. Even then everyone had plenty of time to register anyway.

The stress of waiting for the results in that last week is far worse than studying, taking the exam, and the first 5 weeks of waiting combined.
I agree. registering for the exam is not as big of a concern for me as starting to study for it again. But whatever happens, happens. We are all in this together EB family!  :th_rockon:

Back