NCEES News Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep thinking about what i'll do when i see the green pass:

- Woop and smack my knees on the desk as I jump out of my chair

- Quietly and smugly smile to myself and text everyone a selfie "Does this look like PE to you?"

- laugh hysterically

- cry hysterically

...then I get paranoid that I'm jinxing myself, so start to imagine being all depressed and pathetic.

It's a vicious circle.
I think I will start crying, then immediately go into my email to change my signature.  Then be like "I PASSED BITCHESSSSS" to literally everyone I know.

I figure we have at least 50 more hours to go. Probably a lot more.... The stress gets exponentially worse with time.

Join the spam thread or go to the gym. It helps. A lot.
Yeah...I went through it in May.  It's easy to kinda forget about it at home where I'm chasing around 16-month-old twins (much more entertaining than the gym!).  Not so easy at work while staring at a computer all day.

I've spammed it up this cycle.  Maybe that means good results!  :D

I figure we have at least 50 more hours to go. Probably a lot more.... The stress gets exponentially worse with time.

Join the spam thread or go to the gym. It helps. A lot.
Trouble is - that's another 50+ hours of being completely unproductive. Must. get. off. EB.

If I spam, does that mean I don't have to go to the gym? 

Yeah...I went through it in May.  It's easy to kinda forget about it at home where I'm chasing around 16-month-old twins (much more entertaining than the gym!).  Not so easy at work while staring at a computer all day.

Studying with baby twins?  Wow, huge respect.  All I had to worry about was my dog, I can't imagine studying with little babies.

I think I will start crying, then immediately go into my email to change my signature.  Then be like "I PASSED BITCHESSSSS" to literally everyone I know.
If I pass, I'm calling a baby sitter (one of the grandmas), and taking the hubs and I out to a fancy dinner!  We may even try out that new fangled Uber thing (don't judge, I live in a small town) and have ourselves a few frosty beverages.  

In all seriousness don't add PE to your email signature until AFTER you have your license from the state. In know that this step happens very quickly (~hours) in Texas, so you won't have to wait long.

The second part though: should be done early and often!

If I pass, I'm calling a baby sitter (one of the grandmas), and taking the hubs and I out to a fancy dinner!  We may even try out that new fangled Uber thing (don't judge, I live in a small town) and have ourselves a few frosty beverages.  
If Thurs is actually the day, I think Friday will pretty much be a right off....I can feel it coming on already *cough*

Agreed! my kids do a good job of making it all go away when I come home...but then back at work its like arrgh!!! F5! F5! F5!  lol 

Trouble is - that's another 50+ hours of being completely unproductive. Must. get. off. EB.

If I spam, does that mean I don't have to go to the gym? 
LOL, nobody is productive this time of year anyway. Waiting on test results just reduces it even more.

Being on EB both helps and hurts. If you can find any kind of distraction take it. I'd still recommend going to the gym.

Agreed! my kids do a good job of making it all go away when I come home...but then back at work its like arrgh!!! F5! F5! F5!  lol 
I dunno...my oldest is struggling with multiplication. I'm all - "honey, sometimes you just have to keep working at it", she replies with "like your test mummy?"

:mellow:  Yeah, like my test kid. Like my test.

Studying with baby twins?  Wow, huge respect.  All I had to worry about was my dog, I can't imagine studying with little babies.
Yeah, it wasn't the best timing on my part.  Have been eligible for a few years, but never submitted an application for the test.  then, change jobs and need to take the test.  Right after having twins.  So, this year has been a little stressful and a lot sleep deprived.  Fortunately, they go to bed at 8, and on a good night I was in study mode at 8:30.  By 10:30, I was falling asleep in my books.  I really hope I don't have to go through study hell again.  :wacko:

I dunno...my oldest is struggling with multiplication. I'm all - "honey, sometimes you just have to keep working at it", she replies with "like your test mummy?"

lol wow! well my oldest is 4 so its all coloring and ninja turtles at the moment hoping they stay like this for a good while!

Awww.  That's sweet that she's noticed how hard you've worked.  #parentingwin

lol wow! well my oldest is 4 so its all coloring and ninja turtles at the moment hoping they stay like this for a good while!
I may have used it as a life-lesson tool once or twice, now if I can just pass the damn thing I can prove that perseverance pays off!!

Oh, for the coloring and ninja turtles days...

My 5 year old has told me that he does not want me to pass the test. His reasoning is then I would get a better job and have to work more.  : \

In all seriousness don't add PE to your email signature until AFTER you have your license from the state. In know that this step happens very quickly (~hours) in Texas, so you won't have to wait long.

The second part though: should be done early and often!
Good reminder about waiting until getting the license, thanks!

Lol I live in a larger city and still haven't tried Uber yet, no judgment!

Back