Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will movie theaters ever recover from coronavirus? I love going to the theater, but I can't imagine too many worse violators of social distancing. 

Will movie theaters ever recover from coronavirus? I love going to the theater, but I can't imagine too many worse violators of social distancing. 
You should try working in our open office.  No assigned seats with visitors coming in from other offices and lots of people traveling.

We watched The Happytime Murders on Demand today.  It’s from 2018 and is a human/muppets movie.  Rated R and not suitable for kids.  Kind of a strange movie but a lot of pretty funny stuff.  Lot of recognizable people.  Melissa McCarthy, Elizabeth Banks, Maya Rudolf,  Joel McHale...  it’s a roger rabbit kind of thing with puppets instead of toons.  Not for everybody but I’d recommend it.

I suppose if one wanted to stretch for a positive out of all this (aside from saving $2k getting my plumbing fixed), it’s all the movies coming out on digital quicker. Just finished “Bloodshot”. Came across very much like a reboot of “Universal Soldier” so if you liked that one....

Since we’re still (supposed to be) sheltering in place in Ohio, there’s been plenty of time to catch up on movies. Especially stuff I might not normally watch. This morning I watched “The Hunt”. Plenty of blood and guts, but I honestly couldn’t decide if it was supposed to be an action movie or a dark comedy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished rewatching the “Major League” series from the early 90’s last night and over the past few evenings. The first two were about as decent as I remembered. The third was a very  strong meh. I’m sure I found something else to do while it played out in the background. 

“Midway” (the new one) was meh as well. The fight scenes were pretty impressive, but in between was solidly mediocre.

They just put “Onward” on Disney+ so I’ve got that fired up for the boys at the moment. 

Yeah that one (midway) was pretty bad -maybe it’s just hard to compete against that original cast but I thought they did a bad job of telling the actual story- I mean I knew what happened and I still felt a little lost watching the remake..

But I was glad they at least tried to
Not make it politically correct...

“Onward” wasn’t bad. Typical Pixar...the boys really liked it and entertaining enough that I didn’t mind sitting here and watching it with them.

After that one, I decided to go old-school. In the process of doing YouTube research at the new DOE job, a clip about the demon core showed up. Peaked my interest so I pulled up “Fat Man and Little Boy”.

019d3db5fbceb9cbd07026f826299d6a.jpg

Found the DVD Kfox burned for me of One Crazy Summer - I thought I lost it in the move- and it still works!

I heard John cusack absolutely hated this move and better off dead - which he did as a package deal or something - but this one crazy summer move is crazy hard to find-

Could have skipped "Jumanji 2". I actually didn't think the first reboot was all that bad.  This one seemed like it was an excuse for the Rock, Kevin Hart and Jack Black to do bad stereotypical voices more than anything, i.e. the Rock as an old Jewish dude, Jack Black as a young black dude, etc.

“Underwater”...holy smokes what a POS. Apparently someone at the studio decided, hey, let’s make a movie that’s set underwater so the audience can’t see anything.

Also, reinforces my opinion that Kristen Stewart is complete and utter garbage. I still can’t figure out how she ever even made it in acting. Her only expression is that of some slack jawed moron who just got a labotomy minus the drooling. 

Watched "The Platform" on Netflix - super, super weird.  

we suffered through Cofffee and Kareem - i mean the first 30 minutes of a little kid using lots of vulgar profanity was pretty funny but it got old pretty fast...

Back