Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My coworker was actually very impressed by Ford vs. Ferrari, which I was a little surprised to hear. He said Matt Damon and Christian Bale both acted very well, and that he liked basically everything about the movie. I haven't seen it myself.

I forced the family to go watch Ford vs. Ferrari with me this weekend.  Best movie I have seen in quite a while! I recommend it, even if you're not interested in the cars. It has great characters,  a very satisfying human story, and very exciting racing action. 

So now all the movie theaters in our area have “reserved seating” even the ones that just have normal seats- very annoying to me..

Saw Frozen II on Sunday.  Went to a 7pm showing and at the theater I went to...it was like empty and my ticket cost $10.  I...don't understand the Midwest.

On the other hand: Frozen II.  Def had a better plot than the first one, a bit more serious, with an interesting ending for the sisters.  I'm hoping that Disney stops at two movies because I'm not quite sure how much further they can push this story, tbh, since they tied up a lot of loose ends.

Next movie to see: A beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Probs on Thanksgiving.  Probs going to cry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was forced to sit through Frozen II this weekend. It was about what I expected it would be. No surprises, pleasantly or otherwise. Just 2 hours of my life that I won't ever get back.

Later that evening we rented "The Peanut Butter Falcon" on Amazon Prime.  Very good movie. If you haven't heard of it (and you probably haven't) it stars Shia LeBeef (or whatever) and the 50 Shades of Gray girl (Dakota Johnson), in a Mark Twain-ish odyssey about a Downs Syndrome man who is trying to get to a cut-rate professional wrestling school that he saw advertised in VHS tapes that he obsessively watches.  It's not without its faults, but it's really well done and good for family viewing, and might restore just a little bit of hope in humanity for you.

Frozen II over the weekend.  Full theater, lots of kids.  Not sure why anyone felt the need to bring a baby to a 7PM showing though, kid was screaming through the entire movie.

Saw Frozen II on Sunday.  Went to a 7pm showing and at the theater I went to...it was like empty and my ticket cost $10.  I...don't understand the Midwest.

On the other hand: Frozen II.  Def had a better plot than the first one, a bit more serious, with an interesting ending for the sisters.  I'm hoping that Disney stops at two movies because I'm not quite sure how much further they can push this story, tbh, since they tied up a lot of loose ends.

Next movie to see: A beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Probs on Thanksgiving.  Probs going to cry.
7PM is late on a school/work night. That means I don't get home until 9PM and I'm at work on Monday's by 7:30 at the latest. I don't understand how anyone on the east coast ever sees Sunday Night Football. 

I wish I didn’t watch SNF last night.  The only plus is that I’m currently in MST so it wasn’t too late.

We also watched Peanut Butter Falcon, was very good.  A little cheesy and you could see the ending coming a mile away but still good.

We also watched Bad Moms Christmas, I recommend it as a movie to watch only if you are drinking, everything is over the top unrealistic but still worth watching during Christmas time..

7PM is late on a school/work night. That means I don't get home until 9PM and I'm at work on Monday's by 7:30 at the latest. I don't understand how anyone on the east coast ever sees Sunday Night Football. 
Eh, I slept most of the day leading up to it/took a nap, and I actually ended up staying up until like 12:30am that day.  Dragged a little at work, but kept moving.

They're doing another late movie tomorrow and I just can't do it.

Did you see last year's documentary about him? Can't remember the name. I saw it at a second-run bar/theater in Alaska last year over several high quality beers. Which I cried in. 

Saw Ford vs. Ferarri the other night.  We went with another couple and even the wives liked it.  Building a Cobra is still on my bucket list.

Back