Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched a few movies during my last trip out west for work. Where to start...

Bumblebee - Was better than I thought it would be. They did a better job with this one than the last five Transformer movies, and I think it was because they didn't try to have 100 different robots. It was also cool to see Optimus Prime looking like he did in the original cartoon.

Wonder Woman - Kinda blah. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it's not something I want to watch again. Wonder Woman is hot though!

Venom - Forgettable. 

I think I watched another one, but I can't remember what it was, so that tells you it was a great movie!

Venom and Wonder Woman were both equally terrible - sorry ladies don't hate me its just an awful movie (I did like Oceans 8) well as much as you can like anything Hwood puts out these days..

So what about this new Aladdin movie - aside from it just looking creepy as F! Maybe the band aid was torn off when they remade Jumanji but there is something about that character that will always be Robin Williams.. 

Kid's home sick today so I fired up "Creed II".  I liked it better when it was called Rocky 3 and Rocky 4.  Oooh, he does his "roughing it" training in the desert instead of in Siberia...quite a plot twist.

Venom and Wonder Woman were both equally terrible - sorry ladies don't hate me its just an awful movie (I did like Oceans 😎 well as much as you can like anything Hwood puts out these days..

So what about this new Aladdin movie - aside from it just looking creepy as F! Maybe the band aid was torn off when they remade Jumanji but there is something about that character that will always be Robin Williams.. 
I feel like if it was a relative unknown as Genie it might be more palatable. 

Venom and Wonder Woman were both equally terrible - sorry ladies don't hate me its just an awful movie (I did like Oceans 😎 well as much as you can like anything Hwood puts out these days..

I absolutely hate all the re-makes of shit. I find it unfathomable that Hollywood seems to be in such a retread rut while the streaming services are putting out excellent, original stuff every day.  Why can't they hire some of these Netflix and Hulu writers to come up with some decent, original movie storylines?  

I absolutely hate all the re-makes of shit. I find it unfathomable that Hollywood seems to be in such a retread rut while the streaming services are putting out excellent, original stuff every day.  Why can't they hire some of these Netflix and Hulu writers to come up with some decent, original movie storylines?  
Because its cheaper to regurgitate some old crap, and there's no reason for them to switch until reboots stop making money.

To be fair, Netflix has produced a LOT of crap with its independent stuff, also. While the ideas may have been original, that is not an automatic reason for something to be good.

But yeah, there are too many remakes and sequels and threequels and whatnot these days. It's a bit tiring.

I'm looking forward to seeing "Us", but it's probably something I'm going to have to watch at home. I saw the preview on a big screen at the movie theatre over the weekend, and it was ridiculously scary. And I'd seen the trailer on the before and thought it looked scary, but on the movie screen, it was definitely heightened!

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a lot of junk on Netflix, but I think they are appealing to the "something for everyone" mentality -  I heard they 86's The Punisher because that was owned by Disney and they didn't want to aid a competitor, which makes sense.. but that was one of the Netflix shows I really liked..

I wish they would expand on some of the popular but cancelled mainstream tv series that got cancelled like Jericho and the one with all the female terminators?

Started watching dead pool 2 but had to turn it off when the silver dude from whatever that other dumb movie series is X-men?

Started watching dead pool 2 but had to turn it off when the silver dude from whatever that other dumb movie series is X-men?
Colossus.

Deadpool's version is much closer to the comics than whatever the Xmen series ever did.

caught some of cock blockers last night, i give it a 5 on the meh scale. I think John Cena is trying to get into roles "The Rock" turns down.  When Leslie Man stuck the funnel tube up his but that was pretty funny but I think I lost interest after that, as the movie turned to the serious comedy ending...

Yeah, “Bumblebee” was okay. I think one of the things that makes it seem better than it is, is that you automatically compare it to the other Transformer movies. Compared to the other ones, it was pretty good.

watched Free Solo yesterday morning - even though I knew he lived some of that camera footage of him 2000 feet up dangling over shear death still freaked me out...

I liked the part where he got an MRI and he was missing (or it was very small) the part of his brain that told you not to do shit like that (in medical terms)

Really cool achievement but I wonder how much he got paid by north face cause they were pimping that shit so much it was funny!

Yeah we Tivo'd if off National geographic and watched it last week.  Pretty white-knuckle watching. Weird-ass dude, too.  And his girlfriend, to live with that constant fear that he isn't coming back. Because you just know that will be what happens, eventually.

We rented "The Green Book" last night on Prime.  Really good movie!  Funny, a little touching, and just excellent storytelling and a great road movie.

We finally got around to seeing Super Troopers 2. Not too bad but the funniest part to me was the metric height and weight dialog.

Shazam!  was really good!  Funniest superhero movie since the first Guardians of the Galaxy, and perhaps even a little better. Takes a little while to get moving, though.

Saw Pet Semetary this weekend (a matinee, because I cannot watch a scary movie and then walk into the dark).  It was good.  They changed a couple things from the original, obviously, and some things were odd, but I enjoyed it!  I can see some King purists getting angry about the remake, but I think it was a solid movie.  The cat was a great actor, and the girl was amazing!

How many times have they remade that movie? I’ve always liked it so will catch jt when it’s streaming somewhere...

I heard a rumor they were making “the long walk” into a movie- which was a great book but maybe they have had to many kid movies (hunger games / maze runner : etc)

Back