Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched venom at the request of my daughter - a few funny lines but all in all 2 out of 10 stars....what was the real point?

Watching Iron Eagle!

The best part of this movie is the teamwork shown by the group of kids who steal classified information and schedule attack airplanes with full armaments.

I was unexpectedly sad at the end of How to Train Your Dragon 3. Not like Toy Story 3 destroyed, but sad. My kid cried. He was four when the first one came out and he called the dragon "Tooth-a-less." 

@Road Guy I refuse to budge on the fact that Venom is a poorly disguised romcom.  It explains why so many women gave it positive reviews and why a bunch of my guy friends were kinda "meh" about it.

@csb I want to see the movie but am terrified I am going to start bawling.  Normal for me, even when the music gets sad in animated films.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it with my son. he was sad, because he's been a kid through the whole trilogy.

I was just kind of relieved.

I'm glad my kid was too old already to be interested in forcing me to watch that with him.

We went to see "Fighting With Our Family" this weekend.  Definitely not what I was expecting, which was a polished Hollywood comedy starring The Rock. Instead it was a somewhat lower budget affair out of the UK that was really well acted and very enjoyable, with only a couple of Rock cameos.  I recommend it, but maybe as a rental. 

watched about half of Game Night before turning it off - maybe I have just had enough Jason Bateman doing the same character in every movie he has ever been in (he is the white Denzel Washington) -

Saw the new Captain Marvel movie over the weekend.  Thought it was one of the better "origin" stories of the MCU.

We saw Captain Marvel, too, and thought the same. It was highly entertaining and god story line with relatable characters, even if there was still way too much throwing CGI people into walls and such with no resultant massive injuries .... I'm personally getting a little tired of the whole Marvel universe.  

Who is up for going to see the midnight showing if the next shit show avengers movie and then ruining the plot for everyone else on social media?

watched about half of Game Night before turning it off - maybe I have just had enough Jason Bateman doing the same character in every movie he has ever been in (he is the white Denzel Washington) -
We made it through this and had a similar thought. They also made Rachel McAdams into the every middle-aged woman character. They could have switched her out for Rose Byrne half way through and I don't think I would have really noticed. 

Who is up for going to see the midnight showing if the next shit show avengers movie and then ruining the plot for everyone else on social media?
Come up here! Our theater has recliner seats. 

saw the movie king arthur legend of the sword on a flight to houston. Honestly had better hopes for it, it was awful story line and choppy the whole way through. 

Latest posts

Back