Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took mini-Fox and some friends to Despicable Me 3. It was fairly decent. I like how the end starts to mimic a "Spy vs. Spy" rendition.

Took mini-Fox and some friends to Despicable Me 3. It was fairly decent. I like how the end starts to mimic a "Spy vs. Spy" rendition.
How was it?  Mrs. Ram wants to take mini-Ram to see it as his first in-theater movie.  He loved the first two so I imagine he'll like this one as well.

We saw Spiderman last night. It was really good, but too many raving reviews had me expecting a little too much of it, and I was not blown away.  I'd probably watch again, though. For "free" on Netflix or Starz.

Ended up using the holiday as an excuse to take off work last week.  The weather didn't exactly cooperate though so I was able to catch up on some movies I'd been wanting to see.

"Wonder Woman" -  was pretty good.  I liked it just as much as the first time I saw it when it was called "Captain America".  (for those with Kodi, the "Wonder Woman" feed is actually really good, although it must be a downloaded bootleg from Asia somewhere because it has the Chinese subtitles)

"Fast & Furious 7 & 8 or 17 or 32 or whatever the last two are" - you can group these together because they are both more of the same...ridiculously unrealistic cars/driving while Vin Diesel and his band of misfits save the world.  The last 10 minutes of the 2nd-to-last movie very much came across as something Vin made them tack on to the end in tribute to Paul Walker.  Yeah, it's sad that he died, but it seemed a bit corny.

"Fist Fight" - was surprisingly good.  Certainly not going to win any awards, but it actually had me laughing out loud a few times.

"Chips" - kind of like "Fist Fight"...entertaining and funny but nothing to write home about.  It does have several naked boobs and explosions for those keeping score.

@Supe, looks like your favorite actor is in trouble again:  http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/11/shia-labeouf-arrest-bodycam-footage-savannah/

0708-shia-labeouf-mug-wm-1.jpg

Maybe this douche bag will get the help he needs one day

But you really shouldn't fuck around in Savannah, sure one or two streets look pretty nice, however you could end up on the wrong street or on the wrong alley and be shot over $20

so using my free month of HBO Now we watched Suicide Squad, Holy Shit what a steaming pile of crap that movie was!  & somewhere after the first 20 minutes I stopped paying attention and when I checked back in the movie had turned into a cheap knock off of ghostbusters?

so using my free month of HBO Now we watched Suicide Squad, Holy Shit what a steaming pile of crap that movie was!  & somewhere after the first 20 minutes I stopped paying attention and when I checked back in the movie had turned into a cheap knock off of ghostbusters?
I agree 100% wholeheartedly. Holy moly, you're reminding me how much I thought the second half of that movie was total garbage!

Jack Reacher.  Never Go Back.  Pretty bad fight scenes.  Tom must have wanted to do his own "stunts".

Took mini-Ram to see Despicable 3.  Ok movie, good for kids but the series is getting a bit worn.

Watched Avengers Civil War on Netflix.  Ok movie but certainly wouldn't be worth paying theater prices for.

I've never gotten into the despicable movies..

RE: Civil War - You know a movie is bad when it goes almost immediately to Netflix after the theatres (sort of like Finding Dory)

We did end up catching the spider man movie one day last week, It was enjoyable but spider man just isn't that believable as a big time super hero IMO..

We went to see War of the Planet of the Apes (or whatever it is called).  Pretty damn good!  The CG is almost flawless, lots of high-quality action, and the story and character development is actually very well done, better certainly than any of the other blockbusters this summer (including Spidey).

The only problem was that I could barely remember any of the last movie, and in a couple of places there were flashbacks where I might have benefited from a re-watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Kodi/Exodus, there's an option to list movies based on what people are watching, basically a snapshot of what is popular right that minute.  It's always funny to see how the list changes when new movies come out.  A lot of times older movies will shoot to the top of the list when people start watching them before going out to watch the latest sequel, i.e. the first POTA movies will be on there because everyone's going back and watching those before seeing War.

I stopped watching the Spiderman movies after the first couple.  This new trend of the increasingly younger Aunt May is also a little weird.

I stopped watching the Spiderman movies after the first couple.  This new trend of the increasingly younger Aunt May is also a little weird.
Spiderman is still in highschool (mid-teens). It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that she could be in her mid-30s, but Marissa Tomei is 52...

Saw the last 45 minutes or so of "Tour de Pharmacy", which is a spoof on the Tour de France and all the doping scandals.  It was funny as hell, hope I catch it on again.

Dunkirk - fantastic.  It's an extremely simple plot - escape and survive - but with some complicated timelines. I won't spoil the fun for you, but just realize that one story runs over the course of one week,  another over one day, and another over one hour. Best movie I have seen all summer,  or maybe a lot longer. 

Dunkirk - fantastic.  It's an extremely simple plot - escape and survive - but with some complicated timelines. I won't spoil the fun for you, but just realize that one story runs over the course of one week,  another over one day, and another over one hour. Best movie I have seen all summer,  or maybe a lot longer. 
Glad to hear this.  The previews looked really good.

Back