Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say, I thought Ms. Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children was decent.  It had just enough of a creepy factor for adults to enjoy it, IMO.

Of course, it helps that Eva Green is, well, Eva Green.  

We took junior to Cars 3 the other weekend. He's a Lightning McQueen fanatic (~3.5 yrs old) and really enjoyed it. I also liked it much better than Cars 2. It was even a little sad at times.

Up next he's looking forward to Despicable Me 3. 

I watched Pete's Dragon on Netflix last night.  What a lame movie.  90% was the kid pining for the dragon and the dragon pining for the kid.  Waste of time.  Not to mention that at the beginning of the movie the parents die in an accident and the 3 year old is the only survivor left in the woods by himself....typical Disney "family" movie fare.

anyone see transformers? Everyone says its pretty awful.  Looking like a sad summer for the Hollywood types..

Saw Wonder Woman last night with my guy. I liked it a lot! I must admit, it was really cool to see the protagonist of a superhero movie be female. That was a pretty big deal to me, and I didn't really even realize it until I was there, sitting in the theater watching the movie. I also thought Gal Gidot did a fantastic job playing WW. There were two small things that I didn't like about the film, but they didn't really detract that much from how much I enjoyed it!

anyone see transformers? Everyone says its pretty awful.  Looking like a sad summer for the Hollywood types..
I'm hearing quite a few people saying the same. It's the sequel to the Mark Whalberg version, so I kinda expected it.  We plan on seeing it later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my son to see Cars 3 last weekend.  It was definitely better than Cars 2, which was pretty awful.

We also rented John Wick 2 last night.  Decent action film, fairly entertaining.  

And what were those?
1. Who Wonder Woman's nemesis ended up being.

2. There was a tiny bit of the "love cliche". Well, I don't actually know if she was in love with anyone, but she has someone fall in love with her.

Not a big deal about the love thing, and it does play a role in how the movie gets to its ending, but it did bug me a little bit.

I'm hearing quite a few people saying the same. It's the sequel to the Mark Whalberg version, so I kinda expected it.  We plan on seeing it later this week.
There's a great Q&A on Jalopnik that discusses what a nonsensical POS the entire thing is, emphasizing the notion that it was Michael Bay's true homage to "zero f*cks given".

5 hours ago, Supe said:
There's a great Q&A on Jalopnik that discusses what a nonsensical POS the entire thing is, emphasizing the notion that it was Michael Bay's true homage to "zero f*cks given".

My wife and I watched it last night.  The plot was pretty confusing and the dialog parts got pretty boring at times, but you can't beat Autobot vs Decepticon battles on the big screen!  

I think the only one I am really looking forward to seeing is the Dark Tower- wife said that Pirates was pretty awful as well

Back