Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen Dunkirk yet, but the reviews sound great! Although, I might wait for it to come out to HBO (if that ever happens) because I was inundated with its trailers every time I went to see a movie in the last year plus. I'm not super excited to see a war movie in the theater vs. at home. But, I'm glad it seems to be excellent!

I saw it in IMAX - apparently that was what it was shot in (film, not digital), and the sound design is outstanding.  Between that and the huge screen it really sucks you in.  The first gunshots startled the hell out of me, and I was involuntarily leaning into the turns of Tom Brady's Spitfire during the dogfighting scenes.  

yfvrq6lqas5dp6an3mvy.jpg

No, but I did take the kid to see the 40th Anniversary re-release of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  That's a really good movie, and it was fun to see it on the big screen, considering the last time I saw it in a theater was in 1977... just a few months after Star Wars.  I forgot what a great job John Williams did on the score, considering that he had already poured his creativity contents out on the greatest soundtrack ever the same year.

:eek:ldman:  

IT is in theaters today here in NZ, I'm planning on going to see it this weekend. I'd like to go sooner, but Mrs Dex will only go with me if we watch it during the daytime.

Read an article that people have been tying red balloons to sewer grates and its freaking people the f*ck out, LOL.

Saw IT over the weekend.  Really well done movie. Wouldn't say it was a horror movie, but I wouldn't recommend taking my kids to it either. More of a suspenseful thriller.

Went to the bookstore afterwards and bought a new copy of the book and started re-reading it last night. I honestly can't remember reading the book, but I'm fairly sure I did at some point years and years ago.

Saw IT over the weekend.  Really well done movie. Wouldn't say it was a horror movie, but I wouldn't recommend taking my kids to it either. More of a suspenseful thriller.

Went to the bookstore afterwards and bought a new copy of the book and started re-reading it last night. I honestly can't remember reading the book, but I'm fairly sure I did at some point years and years ago.
My 13 year old really wants to see it. I've never read it so I dont know what its about.  We watched the Shining together and he did ok with that.  Maybe i should read the book but its like 6" thick!

Yeah, it's 1200+ pages, and the book is scary as hell. The movie isn't as scary (similar to the Shining). The difference is that this movie is based on the first half of the book which has a handful of children in the late 50's and what scares the $hit out of them (why a clown is involved). The 2nd half of the book is when they return to the town as adults almost 30 years later which is the really scary half.

"It" is one of the few books where I liked the movie (or mini-series) more than the literature it was based on.  The book was a real slog for me though I love most of King's stuff.  Still trying to convince Mrs. Ram to go see the movie since she never saw the mini-series.

I watched whiskey tango foxtrot - kind of a journalist view on covering the GWOT - not really anti war or  pro war but really well done I thought - check it out if you see it on your lineup 

Back