Maryland Exam Information

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 hours ago, knight1fox3 said:

It doesn't sound like much can be done about this past exam administration (albeit some slaps on the proverbial wrist).  But I don't think any bans for future testing cycles should be imposed on those that were dismissed specifically for Fitbit (or equiv.) infringements.  Primarily based on the fact that there were extreme enforcement inconsistency issues across the April testing cycle.  As unfortunate as it was for those that were in fact dismissed, hopefully this will be a learning exercise for both sides.  And more importantly, just leave all electronic devices (whether or not they are covered by the agreement) behind before entering the examination room except for these (or similar):

41W-uVPcsoL._SY300_.jpg

36xII_lrg.jpg
Perhaps along with sweatshirts with no hood, this site should proffer some watches with no electronics.  Maybe even the approved calculators. :B
Will the hoodies say "eb.com, no fitbits allowed"?

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

another examinee was brought in and she said that she specifically asked the proctor before beginning the exam if she could wear it and that the proctor told her YES. She then walked back into the exam room with her Fitbit Charge HR still on her wrist to finish her exam.
Holy crap, that is out of control! I would've had a melt down! Impressed you were able to stay cool... were you?

Thanks! Gotta be positive. Like someone had said, look at it as the best practice one can get. 

@Structures lucky!! haha.
No joke man.  I really had no clue.

With that said, sorry to hear what happened to you and everyone else.  That's really unfortunate, because I'm sure you didn't have bad intentions.  I think I'm most impressed by how well you're handling it.

Way to stay positive, Andrew. I was in your EET class, and so so sorry to hear this. Nazrul will help you get back up to speed before the October exam. You've got this! 
Hey! No doubt in my mind that Nazrul will help with October. 

I sent him an email immediately when I got home last Friday. He actually gave me his number to call him to discuss.. haha. We had a 30 min convo. He was shocked as well. As a side note, Nazrul is such an amazing teacher that I actually don't mind retaking his course again. It's the breadth portions that I'm not looking forward to reviewing again...

Yeah, I feel for you on this one. A bit less organized than Nazrul's topics. The idea of sitting through the structural class again makes me want to cry.  :wacko:

Word...  Just thinking of the structures class makes me want to cry.

Someone found a fitbit file from a testaker in October ....seems like this was just implemented for this test cycle.

NCEES is getting killed on their facebook page.

Ummmm yeah... it was deep yesterday. They are flat out just getting smoked now.

Expanded one of the comments.

Untitled16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back