Map: April 2012 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, finally an addition. PR added.

hx7vA.png
I can't 100% verify this, but a coworker's friend in Nevada supposedly got her results sometime last week.

Spoke with PCS and the state again today for PA results and PCS said that they do not release the results or review them. I think PCS just deals with the application process and scheduling. NCEES releases the results but only after the state board approves them. When i talked to the lady at the state she tried to pass the buck again to NCEES or PCS but when i called her on it she basically said she had no clue where they were in processing the results. i am convinced that the PA Board is the hold up here. Makes sense to me that the board would need to approve them. If PCS was the hold up and not the state, the state would have all the licenses in the system and they would show up on the license search. There is no reason for PCS to hold the exam scores for certain states. It is my understanding that NCEES grades and reviews the exams for errors or other things then send the results to the state board who review/approve and then allow NCEES to post the results. I got the contact name for the supervisor at the PA State board (who conveniently wasn't in this afternoon) and will be calling her tomorrow. I hate PA!

Spoke with PCS and the state again today for PA results and PCS said that they do not release the results or review them. I think PCS just deals with the application process and scheduling. NCEES releases the results but only after the state board approves them. When i talked to the lady at the state she tried to pass the buck again to NCEES or PCS but when i called her on it she basically said she had no clue where they were in processing the results. i am convinced that the PA Board is the hold up here. Makes sense to me that the board would need to approve them. If PCS was the hold up and not the state, the state would have all the licenses in the system and they would show up on the license search. There is no reason for PCS to hold the exam scores for certain states. It is my understanding that NCEES grades and reviews the exams for errors or other things then send the results to the state board who review/approve and then allow NCEES to post the results. I got the contact name for the supervisor at the PA State board (who conveniently wasn't in this afternoon) and will be calling her tomorrow. I hate PA!

JoePa I believe you are correct. 11-12 yrs ago LGR was a service similar to PCS and all they did was collect the $$$ and pass along your scores. I think the Pa board plays with the numbers and they want to limit the number of PE's in each field because if they didn't all they would have to do is tell NCEES to issue pass emails to those who scored 56 or more correct questions.

So JoePa how's our football team going to look this year?

PA does not release results until the board votes to approve the scores. They do this at the next regularly scheduled meeting after NCEES releases the results to the board.

Welcome to the commonwealth system ... very frustrating.

Like I previously said the website is updated first, before they issue letters. http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/

I wouldn't expect updates until the 18th or Monday the 21st.

PA does not release results until the board votes to approve the scores. They do this at the next regularly scheduled meeting after NCEES releases the results to the board.

Like I previously said the website is updated first, before they issue letters. http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/

Not to be a jerk, but what happened last April? They released the results 1 day after NCEES released scores, If it was there policy to approve them at the board meeting I doubt they would have made an exception to that. unless the board meeting was that same day, not sure if there is a way to check that. this whole process is irritating.

When i talked to the board last week, the lady told me that they did not need to wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting and that they were planning on releasing the results last friday if possible. She said all they need to do is process the results in their system. im not even sure their is a vote with the board. i doubt they would limit the number of engineers in the commonwealth. that is crazy especially if you got the score needed to pass. the test is uniform throughout the states. if pa wanted to limit the quality / number of engineers they would put out their own test.

'
Monday the 21st? Of what month? :mellow:

When i talked to the board last week, the lady told me that they did not need to wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting and that they were planning on releasing the results last friday if possible. She said all they need to do is process the results in their system. im not even sure their is a vote with the board. i doubt they would limit the number of engineers in the commonwealth. that is crazy especially if you got the score needed to pass. the test is uniform throughout the states. if pa wanted to limit the quality / number of engineers they would put out their own test.
That lady has probably spoke to many of us that have called the PA board. She probably has no clue of what is going on at this point. I found her to be incompetent during the application process. I will lean towards past April PE exam results for PA and if that is the case, then I wouldn't expect results until the last week of June. :(

did you speak to the supervisor?

I spoke with the supervisor over lunch who would not give me a time frame (of course) and that they were, at this moment, "processing" the results and it is basically just paper work from their end. she said that she doesn't think the PA board even looks at all the results individually. they already approved us to sit for the exam so if we get the required score that ncees says is a passing grade, we pass. She also said that she doesnt believe that there is a board vote and she has never heard of such a thing. Like i said, its basically just electronic filing and processing of the licenses for the candidates that passed. I am still thinking that we get results by the end of the week. The wait continues...

I spoke with the supervisor over lunch who would not give me a time frame (of course) and that they were, at this moment, "processing" the results and it is basically just paper work from their end. she said that she doesn't think the PA board even looks at all the results individually. they already approved us to sit for the exam so if we get the required score that ncees says is a passing grade, we pass. She also said that she doesnt believe that there is a board vote and she has never heard of such a thing. Like i said, its basically just electronic filing and processing of the licenses for the candidates that passed. I am still thinking that we get results by the end of the week. The wait continues...
appreciate your looking into to this, what a pain PA is, hopefully i don't have to do this again,

'
Monday the 21st? Of what month? :mellow:
My bad looking at last months calendar ... meant 15th or 18th

When I took my exam in PA, I spoke to my rep who is on the Professional Licensure board, he explained the process that they take. In PA the board votes to approve the applications prior to the exam and after the results are issued by NCEES they vote to approve them all.

Dont want to start an issue here, but I believe my house rep over the lady who answers the phone.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:00 AM Professional Licensure

Voting meeting on Proposed Regs. 16A-4930, 16A-

5321, and Final Regs. 16A-54, 16A-5122, and Final

Omitted Reg. 16A-5428. Room 60

East Wing

I guess we may be waiting a bit longer since the next meeting doesn't appear to show that they are voting on the pe results.

Just went back and looked at when I got my results in PA.

I got notification about passing the exam on 06/24 ... my license was actually issued 09/09.

Latest posts

Back