Map: April 2012 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife said I got my letter from AL today; FAIL. Not sure what the score was, but I took mine in Construction. I think three times is enough for me.

My wife said I got my letter from AL today; FAIL. Not sure what the score was, but I took mine in Construction. I think three times is enough for me.
I feel for you. I know several people here in the office that took it multiple times before achieving the desired results. I hope you try again, but wish you the best either way.Good luck!

What is taking the PA board so long? The entire process was a slow incompetent disaster for me. It took me months to get even registered for the test because one template says to mail to PA headquarters while another has a TN address. The admins involved have no clue of this issue. I wasted time calling people that didn't even know what I was talking about. Was told they would fax the forms to each other so my application packet would be complete. Found out a couple weeks later, no one did anything. Wound up submitting another application. Waiting for that. I thought the hardest part would be to get the 5 references to mail their stuff. The thing that took the longest was having the VA board which I took the EIT at to mail it to the right location for the PA board which was actually TN and not PA!

Now this! I can't eat or sleep. So mad. PA from their construction to their test policies is just 1 big mess of incompetence!!!! :madgo:

Contacted PA. They said that they cannot give an estimate on when results will be released because it is PCS who notifies examinees. Told me to call PCS. PA is good at passing the buck!

Contacted PA. They said that they cannot give an estimate on when results will be released because it is PCS who notifies examinees. Told me to call PCS. PA is good at passing the buck!
Tried calling as well, they said pcs releases the scores and they issue the PE, they checked my name and said still pending but gave me no info on when to expect results, what could they possibly have to do with the scores? Don't think they have released E.I.T. scores yet either. Losing my mind.

PA is completely worthless. I didn't even like the test location. I took it in Pittsburgh at the Convention Center in a room that was freezing the entire morning and then hot the entire afternoon. The only thing separating test takers from the elements is an industrial garage door. Oh and don't think you will take the test in silence. I heard nothing but honking and traffic the entire 8 hours because right outside those garage doors is the downtown street!

IMO, this whole test release schedule is so flawed. They should release everyone's test on the same day. It is unfair to those that have to wait. Also if you factor in the preparation time involved for those that fail and want to take it again the next test date, some people will wind up having 1 or 2 weeks extra to study in theory because they will know that they failed earlier than the others. I can't believe this! Such an unprofessional process to become a professional engineer! :mad2:

And if you live in Oregon, they generally take so long to release the test results that if you did fail, you will have missed the application cut-off date for the next exam.

MD Added.

V135C.png
Thanks for doing this again sno. As I suggested last administration, I'll make the same suggestion this time. The NCEES 8-hour results are only one of three exam results that make up a CA PE. Knowing only the 8 hour results doesn't provide an examinee with the whole picture. But, from your colored map, there would be no way of knowing that. You might want to put a little note "8-Hr only" next to CA. Then when the CA-Survey and CA-Seismic come in, that date can be added too (expected to be released by mail on June 29). My 2 pennies.

I feel for you. I know several people here in the office that took it multiple times before achieving the desired results. I hope you try again, but wish you the best either way.Good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll have to see what the diagnostic report says before I make up my mind. My four year old hates to see his daddy stressed out studying for years on end. Pretty much been studying his whole life.

Very strange. Been doing a lot of research and looking at the older version of the PA PE thread from December. Some recommended to look at the license list. So I looked at the PA board license list and my name isn't there. Ok... So I look at the VA board for my name for the EIT list. I'm not there either. Not sure if the anxiety can get any worse:

1) I passed in PA and my EIT is now void in VA

2) I failed in PA and that is why I am not on the PA list and the VA list just removes EIT names that took the PE exam

I am back to square 1!!!! :(

PA is completely worthless. I didn't even like the test location. I took it in Pittsburgh at the Convention Center in a room that was freezing the entire morning and then hot the entire afternoon. The only thing separating test takers from the elements is an industrial garage door. Oh and don't think you will take the test in silence. I heard nothing but honking and traffic the entire 8 hours because right outside those garage doors is the downtown street!

IMO, this whole test release schedule is so flawed. They should release everyone's test on the same day. It is unfair to those that have to wait. Also if you factor in the preparation time involved for those that fail and want to take it again the next test date, some people will wind up having 1 or 2 weeks extra to study in theory because they will know that they failed earlier than the others. I can't believe this! Such an unprofessional process to become a professional engineer! :mad2:

I took it in the Convention Center too and sat in the same room as you did. Fortunately, I didn't have the weather to be an issue last October when I took the Mechanical PE. The noise was not that bad for me, basically the test day condition was superb. But the wait for the final results is unbearable, my results came out in early Jan, and it was the last state to publish the scores. I would recommend not to get your hopes up, the people who took the exam in PA last year yelled and screamed at the State board and NCEES and PCS too, but they take their time. Unless you go through a formal complain process, they are not going to do anything about releasing it any sooner. The state board agency is the guilty party, they are the ones who delay. They had to meet for a review before releasing the scores.

Very strange. Been doing a lot of research and looking at the older version of the PA PE thread from December. Some recommended to look at the license list. So I looked at the PA board license list and my name isn't there. Ok... So I look at the VA board for my name for the EIT list. I'm not there either. Not sure if the anxiety can get any worse:

1) I passed in PA and my EIT is now void in VA

2) I failed in PA and that is why I am not on the PA list and the VA list just removes EIT names that took the PE exam

I am back to square 1!!!! :(
don't worry, you EIT will not disappear, its in their black-hole of computer files. I took it in last December, and the results come up on the PA licence verification website. Just check their every day, and check the date of when the last licence was posted.

When I think about it, the worst thing I could have done to myself was join the Professional Engineering group on LinkedIn. By doing so, I glanced over a topic that discussed PE Exam results. This was May 29th. I was so excited and shocked at the same time. Checked my email. Checked NCEES. Checked that Piece of Crap System (PCS). Nothing. Then I came to the truth. The truth being that life is not fair. In fact, I could have easily applied to Ohio or West Virginia or Virginia (my EIT state) and took a 1 hr drive to the test site from Pittsburgh, probably would have had better climate conditions during the test, and would already have my results by now.

Instead, I took it downtown in Pittsburgh. I joined LinkedIn. I joined that PE Group on LinkedIn. Now I found this site. I see that PA is one of the last 5 states. I see the history from that Excel sheet that other poster made of previous years. I see that it is likely I won't see anything until the end of June. If only I had been content with what my exam prep teacher said when he said results would come around July 4th. Then I would have my results before expectation and there would be no anxiety. Now I can't sleep, can't eat, and refuse to really do any work. I am debating on whether I should buy more books to prepare for the test in October. Should I take it or not, that is the question. Should I start studying now? What if I pass and then the next 2-3 weeks will be a waste. Oh the questions! Oh the horror!

Life is funny. It is the small things that make the most difference. Damn that PE LinkedIn Group!!!!! :censored:

Ok I will assume I failed at this point. This is what I plan to have in my arsenal for the October 2012 exam:

1) Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual 12th Edition (need to buy - borrowed for April exam)

2) NCEES Sample Questions (have - mostly useless IMO for the April exam)

3) 26 week Prep Class Notes and Binder (have - 100% useless for any exam)

4) Mechanical PE Sample Examination Lindeberg (need to buy)

5) Engineering Unit Conversions Lindeberg (need to buy)

6) Kaplan Mechanical PE Sample Exam (bought the day after the April exam lol)

7) My own spiral notebook of notes and sample problems

I'm ready for war! Although not ready for dumping another several hundred $$$ on books and registration again. :(

Let me know if you guys recommend anything else? I plan to just do problems over and over until I finally see "It" and read the MERM until I can recite entire sections.

When I think about it, the worst thing I could have done to myself was join the Professional Engineering group on LinkedIn. By doing so, I glanced over a topic that discussed PE Exam results. This was May 29th. I was so excited and shocked at the same time. Checked my email. Checked NCEES. Checked that Piece of Crap System (PCS). Nothing. Then I came to the truth. The truth being that life is not fair. In fact, I could have easily applied to Ohio or West Virginia or Virginia (my EIT state) and took a 1 hr drive to the test site from Pittsburgh, probably would have had better climate conditions during the test, and would already have my results by now.

Instead, I took it downtown in Pittsburgh. I joined LinkedIn. I joined that PE Group on LinkedIn. Now I found this site. I see that PA is one of the last 5 states. I see the history from that Excel sheet that other poster made of previous years. I see that it is likely I won't see anything until the end of June. If only I had been content with what my exam prep teacher said when he said results would come around July 4th. Then I would have my results before expectation and there would be no anxiety. Now I can't sleep, can't eat, and refuse to really do any work. I am debating on whether I should buy more books to prepare for the test in October. Should I take it or not, that is the question. Should I start studying now? What if I pass and then the next 2-3 weeks will be a waste. Oh the questions! Oh the horror!

Life is funny. It is the small things that make the most difference. Damn that PE LinkedIn Group!!!!! :censored:
Last December, I was just as anxious as you, I had called and emailed PCS and NCEES and the State board. In the end, I waited patiently and tried not to think about it too much. And finally my prayers were answer one lucky Jan morning and I passed. I would recommend not doing anything, don't buy books or study. One of the lessons that I learned from taking this exam was being patient. If you think you are being unproductive at work, try to talk to your fellow colleagues, get your mind off it as much as possible. Good luck, let us know if you passed, you might be pleasantly surprise after the long wait.

Mike-- I would chill out until you get the results. Yeah, I know, easier said than done! However, you may be very pleasantly surprised that all of the anxt and worry was to no avail. You PASSED!!!

I thought that I had busted the test, however, got a PASS letter.

After 3 months, the wall certificate had not arrived-- I called the state board. The lady asked me my name. I gave her my name. She said, "OOOOOOHHH." My heart just about stopped-- and I have heart problems! After what seemed like 2 days, she came back and said, "Oh, you did very well." Now, I don't know what score I finally got, really don't care, all that matters is that I passed!! I suspect that the same will be true of your situation.

Ok I will assume I failed at this point. This is what I plan to have in my arsenal for the October 2012 exam:

1) Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual 12th Edition (need to buy - borrowed for April exam)

2) NCEES Sample Questions (have - mostly useless IMO for the April exam)

3) 26 week Prep Class Notes and Binder (have - 100% useless for any exam)

4) Mechanical PE Sample Examination Lindeberg (need to buy)

5) Engineering Unit Conversions Lindeberg (need to buy)

6) Kaplan Mechanical PE Sample Exam (bought the day after the April exam lol)

7) My own spiral notebook of notes and sample problems

I'm ready for war! Although not ready for dumping another several hundred $$$ on books and registration again. :(

Let me know if you guys recommend anything else? I plan to just do problems over and over until I finally see "It" and read the MERM until I can recite entire sections.

On the April Exam I took Mechanical T&F (passed) and I have to admitt that I did see questions on there very similar to the NCEES sample exams questions (2001 and 2008). I wouldn't quite write it off as useless just yet. But hopefully you won't have any need for it. Best of luck.

Try to call them. I refuse to deal with anyone on the PA Board at this point after how irritated I was during the application process. I bought a like-new copy of the MERM book on eBay yesterday for only $150. Cheaper than anywhere else. Even if I passed, I would like to have that book for reference at work so I can give back the one I borrowed to my coworker. Also if I have to take the exam again, I will definitely be highlighting sections this time. The hardest part of the exam was finding where the formulas are at - even with index tabs.

Back