Manscaping

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you practice or appreciate good manscaping?

• I am a man and NO I do not practice manscaping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a man and YES I practice manscaping

• I am a woman and NO I do not appreciate, or have never experienced manscaping

• I am a woman and YES I appreciate good manscaping

• Total voters
Is there a break-point between when a man does it to himself (for what ever reason) and when a gentleman's significant lady friend / wife does the shearing as part of a "playful" activity?

Freon

I haven't asked my wife to do any manscaping on me but I don't envision having little black curlies all over the place would be a romantic experience. I certainly wouldn't enjoy doing the shearing on my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't asked my wife to do any manscaping but I don't envision having little black curlies all over the place would be a romantic experience. I certainly wouldn't enjoy doing the shearing on my wife.
If your wife is MANscaping, little black curlies are the least of your worries.

I can't say that trekking hair around has been an issue for me, but then again, I tend to do so in the bathroom/shower, rather than propping my leg up on the kitchen counter as you may be envisioning in your "shearing" experience.

The back is the worst... But my gf does her duty to keep me nice and shaven.

It does suck, I seem to grow hair everywhere except where I want it (my head) ;)

The back is the worst... But my gf does her duty to keep me nice and shaven.
It does suck, I seem to grow hair everywhere except where I want it (my head) ;)
That's my issue with the back. I've got no significant other to shave it for me, and I doubt the girls across the street want any part of my hair removal process.

I've considered shaving the back / etc. DV - since you're a weightlifter (edit - bodybuilder), you might be able to weigh in. What's the best way, do you recommend shaving / NAIR / etc. for chest / back? I'm thinking it's got to go, but I'm scared as all hell that it's going to itch like a BITCH when it all starts to grow back.
NO NAIR. It will leave funny looking 'bumps all over you, and the lady you are trying to impress will think you've got something.

Better stick with the razor.

I never had back hair (plenty of chest hair), but as I have aged, the back hair seems to be creeping in from the neck. It's really strange, especially when the barber cuts it down to the shoulder anyway, so it only makes sense to shave the remaining couple of inches away.

As far as the true "manscaping" goes, let's just say that, living in a hot and humid environment, some things only make good sense, for hygeine purposes alone. Not to mention the reciprocity from the S.O. :D

NO NAIR. It will leave funny looking 'bumps all over you, and the lady you are trying to impress will think you've got something.
Better stick with the razor.
My wife has a funny story about how she had to go to the pharmacy for work to pick up Nair and condoms. Before they began using nude mice for experiments, they would have to Nair the places where they would do injections or surgery. The condoms were used for tissue phantoms which was basically the test tube precursor to mouse work.

That must have been a fun one to expense off.

Yeah, and you've got wonder what kind of business the pharmacist thought she was engaged in, especially when she insisted on an invoice.

Nair is OK with me. The thought of a razor is kinda creepy.
It does sound creepy, and I was petrified at first, but have come out unscathed every time, so it's no big deal anymore. Granted, I use a disposable for the twig and berries, and an electric for mowing the lawn.

I'm very tempted to pick up some style points one of these days, maybe give the Quagmire "Q" a shot.

This makes me think of that Brad Paisley song:

These days there's dudes gettin' facials,

manicured, waxed and botoxed.

With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands

you can't grip a tackle box.

Yeah, with all of these men linein' up to get neutered

it's hip now to be feminized.

I don't highlight my hair,

I've still got a pair.

Yeah, honey I'm still a guy.

Oh my eyebrows ain't plucked

there's a gun in my truck.

Oh thank god, I'm still a guy.

This makes me think of that Brad Paisley song:
These days there's dudes gettin' facials,

manicured, waxed and botoxed.

With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands

you can't grip a tackle box.

Yeah, with all of these men linein' up to get neutered

it's hip now to be feminized.

I don't highlight my hair,

I've still got a pair.

Yeah, honey I'm still a guy.

Oh my eyebrows ain't plucked

there's a gun in my truck.

Oh thank god, I'm still a guy.

I'd rather have fellatio than a tackle box.

(Mind you, the only thing I do on that list is the eyebrows. And by that, I just check periodically that there's two of them.)

Ladies, should this fine gentleman practice the art of 'manscaping'?

Back