looking for a new car

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still enjoying my Maxx, but my next car (probably in at least four years if not longer) will be a Fiesta with the ecoboost motor.

I'm still enjoying my Maxx, but my next car (probably in at least four years if not longer) will be a Fiesta with the ecoboost motor.
Is the Fiesta slated to be reintroduced to the US? I had forgotten all about it until I was in Brownsville a few years ago and there were scores all over town.

Yep. Unfortunately, they had a great looking front end on the concept car with a huge wide-mouth billet grill. Now, it looks like another jelly bean econo-ride.

Looks badazz to me supe...

2rny8lz.jpg

9bf12o.jpg

Very cool.
Much improved over the tiny three cylinder box we had in the early '90s!
That was the Festiva, a Mazda 121 made in Korea.

The turbo 4 from the Capri XR2 bolts right in. They call them Fastivas.

Supe, I know what you're talking of, but it doesn't make that much of a difference, IMO.

If it's not too late, I'd recommend a Toyota Sequoia. I know, I know... Toyota is having some issues with the accelerator. But once the the fix is implemented, it's a good vehicle. Yes, it's a gas guzzler, but you can't beat the comfort on long trips, and the safety (it's big and tall, and has side impact air bags).
We went to the car show in Cincinnati a few weeks ago so the wife could look at minivans. While we were in the Toyota section looking at the Sienna, I hear my wife say "ohh, what's that one?" I look up to see her checking out a Toyota Sequoia Platinum. A bit of sticker shock, but it was super nice and the inside was every bit as big as the minivan. I know Toyota was doing some big deals on their trucks...maybe that'll carry over to the new Sequoia's.

For my own personal transport when my car bites the dust, I think the Mazda 3's are pretty nice and you can get a Mazdaspeed3 for a decent price...a turbo charged 265hp hatchback sounds like a fun little ride.

For my own personal transport when my car bites the dust, I think the Mazda 3's are pretty nice and you can get a Mazdaspeed3 for a decent price...a turbo charged 265hp hatchback sounds like a fun little ride.
The Mazdaspeed 3, the Subaru WRX, the Mitsu Lancer EVO, and the VW GTI are all pretty much interchangable in that regard. They are all a ton of fun out in the open road, but still manage very good milage for use as a commuter. I drive a 2.5l Jetta and it's a blast, plus it has just enough room in the back seat for the 2 kiddos.

Once the kiddos get a little bigger and don't need full-blown carseats, I'm seriously considering something like a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Nothing smaller than a V8 of course...

The Mazdaspeed 3, the Subaru WRX, the Mitsu Lancer EVO, and the VW GTI are all pretty much interchangable in that regard. They are all a ton of fun out in the open road, but still manage very good milage for use as a commuter. I drive a 2.5l Jetta and it's a blast, plus it has just enough room in the back seat for the 2 kiddos.

Once the kiddos get a little bigger and don't need full-blown carseats, I'm seriously considering something like a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Nothing smaller than a V8 of course...
I sat in the WRX at the car show but it didn't have nearly as much room as the Mazda, the tilt steering didn't tilt up far enough.

I'm extremely disappointed that Pontiac is history...more specifically the G8. A big V8 in a four door that was decent to look at and pretty affordable. Hopefully GM will bring it back under the Chevy name. My in-laws have an Impala SS (one of the new ones) that is fun, but it's the smaller V8 and it's front wheel drive :f_115m_e45d7af:

I'm extremely disappointed that Pontiac is history...more specifically the G8. A big V8 in a four door that was decent to look at and pretty affordable. Hopefully GM will bring it back under the Chevy name. My in-laws have an Impala SS (one of the new ones) that is fun, but it's the smaller V8 and it's front wheel drive :f_115m_e45d7af:
I too am a huge fan of the G8. That was such a nice all-around car for people who needed space and wanted power. The only 2 complaints I ever had about it was that it was rear wheel drive (which sucks in the snow) and that a manual transmission was only available in the tricked out GTP version (over $40k).

I also hope GM brings this car back under the Chevy name like as another "retro" namesake. It could be the new Belaire...

Back