Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've started to watch Being Erica, a Canadian comedy from a few years back. It's fairly entertaining and raises that question, "If you could go back and redo parts of your life, how would you do them differently?" 

We're an hour into "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" on Netflix, and I am really enjoying it! It's by the Coen Brothers and is a compilation of shorts set in the Old West. Each short is a distinct story, and all are very interesting. I've been trying to find the time to finish it, but with playoff baseball on and other life commitments, it's been a challenge! Either way, I'm looking forward to when we'll be able to!

We're an hour into "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" on Netflix, and I am really enjoying it! It's by the Coen Brothers and is a compilation of shorts set in the Old West. Each short is a distinct story, and all are very interesting. I've been trying to find the time to finish it, but with playoff baseball on and other life commitments, it's been a challenge! Either way, I'm looking forward to when we'll be able to!
I loved this so much!  It was really funny/oddly serious sometimes, and it hit almost every type of western trope you could think of.  Actually thought it was based off a book, based on the book during/throughout the show.  I really think you'll enjoy it!

I need to take some time to watch the new season of Letterkenny.  
tbh, I haven't watched anything past season 2.  Thinking of just rewatching from the beginning since the episodes aren't too long.

About the only Letterkenny shtick I can't stomach are the hockey locker room scenes.  Beyond that, the show has me laughing my ass off 95% of the time. 

About the only Letterkenny shtick I can't stomach are the hockey locker room scenes.  Beyond that, the show has me laughing my ass off 95% of the time. 
I watched episodes 1-3 last night of the new season, and they were just flat terrible.  I think I laughed once the entire time.  Super disappointed, wondering if they changed writers once Hulu bought out the show.

I watched episodes 1-3 last night of the new season, and they were just flat terrible.  I think I laughed once the entire time.  Super disappointed, wondering if they changed writers once Hulu bought out the show.
Oh no.  I kinda heard that from people online, but then it turned into a huge argument about how it's still the original writer, and how dare you, etc. etc.  Maybe keep watching/let me know about episode 4 and on?  I'm worried it's going to suffer because of the buy-out/touring/push to keep chugging out episodes.

Oh no.  I kinda heard that from people online, but then it turned into a huge argument about how it's still the original writer, and how dare you, etc. etc.  Maybe keep watching/let me know about episode 4 and on?  I'm worried it's going to suffer because of the buy-out/touring/push to keep chugging out episodes.
It just seemed over the top forced, even though the premise had promise (they started a cable access agricultural based Q&A show).  I'll give it another chance, but the scenes with the skids and the "gym gays" were just outright annoying and unfunny (and there were a lot of them), and Wayne and Glen seemed like the only two characters that were on par with previous seasons.  Even Dan and Daryl's lines weren't funny (though Dan did have one funny scene.)

I watched varsity blues last night, that movie always sort of makes me laugh. RIP Billy Bob...

It just seemed over the top forced, even though the premise had promise (they started a cable access agricultural based Q&A show).  I'll give it another chance, but the scenes with the skids and the "gym gays" were just outright annoying and unfunny (and there were a lot of them), and Wayne and Glen seemed like the only two characters that were on par with previous seasons.  Even Dan and Daryl's lines weren't funny (though Dan did have one funny scene.)
OK, so apparently this season is only 6 episodes long.  The last 3 were definitely more classic Letterkenny, and are worth watching.  But the fact that they stopped episode 6 where they did on such a short season will leave you royally pissed.  Feel free to fast forward through just about any part of the first three episodes, they add absolutely nothing to the second half of the season.  

Watched Stranger Than Fiction again.  Forgot Maggie Gyllenhaal was in it.  Her voice got on my nerves in the Batman movies and I couldn't shake it during STF.  Good acting and movie, though.

6ac2044cd45b0ec05c71c81d27d2b9f5.jpg

I watched the new Paul Rudd netflix show "Living with Yourself" sort of a different take on Michael Keaton's Multiplicity -

Thought it was pretty good, better than some of their other new stuff - & for you Pats fans there is a Tom Brady cameo that is pretty funny.

Finished watching the latest season of "The Ranch".  I didn't think it was too bad.  I think too many people set their expectations too high when new seasons of shows come out.  The first season it's new and different than other shows.

Latest posts

Back