Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had to find another credit card to re activate my netfllix and get a free month ;)  when I saw the previews for the new show Ozark. Really good but most of the show was filmed in my childhood stomping grounds.

If any of you have seen it the "Blue Cat" lodge used to be owned by a friend of mine's family from high school and when he was working and his dad wasn't there he would sell us beer. So the show is bringing back some good memories of drinking pony beer and fishing from lake Allatoona (even though the show is set in the Ozarks)

"Last Chance U".  It's a documentary about a Junior College football team at East Mississippi CC.  The school is in Scooba, MS which is a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere...when you look at it on Google Maps, the CC literally looks like it's half the town.

A few guys on the team are just guys from around there who are going for school and also happen to be halfway decent football players.  The bulk of the team are more of what the school specializes in, guys who were heavily recruited by Div. 1 schools but didn't have the grades to go or went to a D-1 school and got booted for doing something stupid.  Hence the name, this is the last chance most of these guys have to get in/back to a D-1 program.

To me the show is mostly just infuriating, but apparently it's also entertaining because I keep watching it.  The majority of the guys are dumb as a box of rocks, too lazy to do anything other than football, or both.  There's a lady at the school, I guess you'd call her a guidance counselor, who's only job is to make sure these guys are going to class and doing whatever they're supposed to do to get a 2.5 GPA.

I never understood the mentality of those guys. They claim they will literally do anything to keep playing football, but then when they're told what is needed, "except that."

I think the reason I find it so ridiculous is because you know it's the same way at D-I schools.  Kid is a good football player, get him tutors and a nursemaid to eek him through school.  Looked it up, and even if you make it to a D-I school, your chances of making it to the NFL are 1.5% so now you've got another useless drain on society.

Just started Bojack Horseman. It's really funny/dry and has one of my favorite comedians (Paul F. Tompkins) as a secondary character. 

I started that as well, but had to stop because my son started watching it with me, and it was just a little bit too adult!

I tried to watch some of Ballers, I mean I like half naked women in bathing suits to the Miami backdrop and all but I just couldn't get into this show

The Ozarks on netflix is pretty good. I've been a fan of Jason Bateman since teen wolf II so that could be it. He's the poor mans's Micheal J. Fox.

Got hooked on the The great British Baking show.   I wanna bake some bread now. 
rubbing off on snickette too.  Yesterday morning she broke out her tea set.  She put out the gingham table cloth, put two of the plastic pastries from the tea set on plates and pretended to cook them, then set them out on the gingham table cloth for judging.  all weekend it was can we watching baking show?  Baking show, mommy.  

Probably another 10 months :(

we we have enjoyed this show since it was filmed at a lot of our high school hangouts.

the "blue cat" is really Little River Marina and was a place we would hang out on the lake, buy beer, etc....

IMG_0699.JPG

the toenail scene still gives me pain feels.....

I just started Ozark last night after remembering seeing it here.  Two episodes deep and I'm hooked.  Hope the rest of the season is just as good.

^I'll have to check that out, too. We're in a Netflix slump right now. Started watching "Longmire" because my Mom said it was good, but, my Mom likes it... it reminds me of an 80s detective show.  Each episode is a stand-alone mystery, always involving a murder, which at this pace seems like the entire small town will be depopulated by the end of Season 3 and it already goes out to 5!   Definitely not up to modern TV standards.

Ozark starts out fast and keeps the pace up, which is part of why I really like it.  It's nice to see the guy from Arrested Development in a non-comedy role, too.

Netflix needs to stretch these seasons out a bit more, 10 episodes just goes by a little too soon when were all binge watching them 3 at a time :D

Ozark starts out fast and keeps the pace up, which is part of why I really like it.  It's nice to see the guy from Arrested Development in a non-comedy role, too.
Been hearing really good reviews on social media and the radio. Might have to check it out. But then again, I can't even find time to catch up on GoT. :(

Just do like I do and watch it all while you should be sleeping.  

Just started Bojack Horseman. It's really funny/dry and has one of my favorite comedians (Paul F. Tompkins) as a secondary character. 
Have you gotten to the episode with Vincent Adultman?

Back