Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad. I don't mind him. Though I do wonder what happened to the other host from last season. Don't really need an answer to that question, but why the switch?
the producers switched tv companies...bbc to channel 4.  Mel/sue/Mary had BBC contracts and/or were loyal to BBC. 

the producers switched tv companies...bbc to channel 4.  Mel/sue/Mary had BBC contracts and/or were loyal to BBC. 
Yeah, that switch happened two seasons ago. I knew about that one. Then they had two new hosts + Pru as the replacement for Mary Berry, starting two seasons ago. Then one of the new hosts jumped ship between the first and second seasons after the channel/tv company change, which is what I was asking about. Lycee said that host went to pursue personal projects instead (which seems suspect to me, but I haven't delved into any possible drama there). I do think there was a decent amount of drama with the switch from BBC, what with both hosts and one judge not moving forward with the switch at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that switch happened two seasons ago. I knew about that one. Then they had two new hosts + Pru as the replacement for Mary Berry, starting two seasons ago. Then one of the new hosts jumped ship between the first and second seasons after the channel/tv company change, which is what I was asking about. Lycee said that host went to pursue personal projects instead (which seems suspect to me, but I haven't delved into any possible drama there). I do think there was a decent amount of drama with the switch from BBC, what with both hosts and one judge not moving forward with the switch at the time.
Not that far in the series yet.  hadnt heard about that one.  just finished the first season of no Mary Berry  

Sandy and Noel were hosts for 3 seasons. 

image.png

chart from wiki, cut off the winner column in case someone is behind on season 10 (which is collection 7 on netflix in the US)

Series 3 is GBBS: The Beginnings on Netflix. Series 1 & 2 aren't on Netflix.

And then a couple of other series are out of order between the US and UK. 

We're v serious about GBBO 
Oh gotcha! I guess I'm not as serious about it haha. Thanks for the accurate correction! I just know that between the previous season, and the current season, on Netflix, Noel stayed host and Matt (your favorite, :p) replaced the other, who I can't even remember the name of! Because this is information my brain apparently doesn't want to hold onto.

Anyway, I mainly like GBBO for the contestants and the crazy challenges! And, of course, it's always entertaining to watch the contestants be like, "wtf is this", but in their very generally polite British way, when given a challenge, but then oftentimes amazingly pull it off!

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched The Social Dilemma last night. Definitely a thought provoker and made us do some self diagnosis.
Decided to watch after all the posts about it.  Scary how things can have unintended side effects.  interesting watch.  

We already limit internet usage, no social media, no cellphones (minisnick has old samsung but it is not attached to a calling plan. Just a small tablet essentially) wish I could just delete youtube completely but the teachers are using you tube videos for this whole remote teaching business so they don't have to teach science or read books aloud and the school district has started using youtube instead of FB live for broadcasting meetings and such.

So, the wife caught me. She got home from work earlier than I thought and she caught me. Hi, my name is Jeb and I watch "The Handmaid's Tale'.

She is already in to season 3 and I caught a little bit of it when she was watching...enough to get me watching it from the beginning and now I'm part way through season 2. Guess I didn't watch it before because I figured it was more of a chick flick.

I've been watching Call the Midwife.  It's not all about having babies, although there is at least one born each episode.  They hit on a lot topics, pandemic outbreaks in poor east london of the 1940-50s, still birth, abortion, senior care, mental health, health education, social injustices (race, LGBTQ, etc..)  

Dance Dreams Hot Chocolate Nutcracker - Pretty good.  Documentary about one of the oldest black-established ballet troupes that is all kids/non-professionals under 20.  Super interesting to learn about the history of the production and all the hard work the kids go through.

...but I really need to find a production of the Nutcracker to watch.  I hope some of the professional ballet troupes are maybe life-streaming or having a recording this season.

Back