Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We watched The Social Dilemma last night. Definitely a thought provoker and made us do some self diagnosis.
I've deliberately avoided this based solely on the outrage I know I will feel by watching it.

We watched The Social Dilemma last night. Definitely a thought provoker and made us do some self diagnosis.
We watched this last night. I thought I had a pretty good idea of how social networking sites did their thing, but it was a bit eye opening to learn more about the way that they limit the things that you see or get recommended based on what they feel you want to see. It definitely gives credence to the idea that people have "safe spaces" online where they can be exposed only to things that they believe in. 

It's absolutely a whole new world out there and I'm still not sure how to keep my kids sheltered from it. 

Trying to finish up sneaky pete S3 - enjoyable but a step down from the last 2 seasons.

Anyone watch Imposters (Netflix) 1st season was really good -
I randomly downloaded Imposters for my recent trip to NM.  I was intrigued and got my wife into it too.  We’re through the first 6 episodes of Season 1 and still watching.  It’s starting to get silly/complex imho.

Cross-posting here that I accidentally went into a deeper discussion of The Social Dilemma over in the Flat Earther's thread!

- continued from that thread-

I do think there are some good things about it, i.e. if you dont live near family. My wife goes about half the year without it and then feels bad that she doesnt know what the family is doing and then gets back on.

No one seems to communicate major news outside of the family fb chat and then she feels bad,oh I didnt know Uncle So an So had Cancer cause I wasnt on FB...

:(  be nice if people just picked up the phone every now and then!

I had stopped posting as much on Facebook because I was sick of my mother being up in my business and so if I don't broadcast my business then I'm better, but then I watched that and it feels like looking at a bomb. 

In a real navel gazing kind of experiment, stop posting on Facebook and see how many of your friends notice. I have a friend that post a bit and I notice when she's been quiet and I know it's time to reach out. I don't think most of us notice- we're just scrolling through whatever. 

The look of remorse on most of their faces when talking about things they developed was telling to me. They all seemed to go, "We didn't think it was going to go like this." 

I liked that they used Vincent Kartheiser from Mad Men as the triple dude who tries to get them to engage and the son is the kid from Santa Clarita Diet. 

alright I will give it a whirl when I have netlfix back (holding out until S3 Cobra Kai!)

Just so many of netlfix's documentaries remind me of that series where the guy ate Mcdonalds every day for a month. Like ughh what do you think would happen? Most people who eat McDonalds more than 5X a month are  unhealthy..

To me, in a way, netflix has become like FB, Twitter, etc - they want to influence - , I am a lot like Johnny, I like muscle cars, martial arts, motley crue, why do you keep showing me how I might be interested in <insert stupid netflix docuseries of the week here> ??

I liked that they used Vincent Kartheiser from Mad Men as the triple dude who tries to get them to engage and the son is the kid from Santa Clarita Diet. 
This was super, duper creepy and effective for me! I mean, I know it was exaggerated and made up, but it linked well with the guys talking who were like "it is literally a group of like 15 or 20 dudes making decisions that have huge repercussions on the users of [insert social media app/website]".

We started watching Bly Manor.  It's from the people who did Haunting of Hill House.  Considering how much we loved Haunting of Hill House, this show suuuuucks.  Not scary, story not interesting, characters not interesting, acting is poor.  We're maybe five episodes in waiting for it to get better, but there's not a single character I even give a shit about.  I am basically only watching it at this point because Mrs. Supe and Junior want to watch it, and spotting the ghosts in the background is like an adult game of Where's Waldo.

About half way through Utopia (Amazon) - really good in a weird comic  book comes to life and kill you kind of way.. hope it doesn’t turn into “the maze runner” series..,

Watched Palm Springs on Hulu. It features Andy Samberg and Cristin Millinoti (from "How I Met Your Mother"). I enjoyed it; it was kind of a nice escape. It's the chillest I've ever seen Andy Samberg in anything. 

Started Helstrom on Hulu - seems OK after one episode.  

Watched The Handmaiden on Prime.  There are some very prolific lesbian sex scenes in it (which in all fairness is supposed to show relationship development between two characters), but if you look past that, it's a really good movie with twists, double crosses, and a seriously f'd up uncle.  It's a Korean film, but if you liked Parasite, you'll probably like this.  Just don't watch it with your kids.  

Anyone watching the new Fargo season?

I was looking foreward to Chris Rock on this years but Its been really slow.. Ive really liked all the previous seasons..

Regular TV, but I really liked the new season of Archer.  I had no idea it was intended to be the last before being renewed for one more about two weeks ago.  So much better than the stupid coma seasons, felt like "classic" Archer.

We started watching Bly Manor.  It's from the people who did Haunting of Hill House.  Considering how much we loved Haunting of Hill House, this show suuuuucks.  Not scary, story not interesting, characters not interesting, acting is poor.  We're maybe five episodes in waiting for it to get better, but there's not a single character I even give a shit about.  I am basically only watching it at this point because Mrs. Supe and Junior want to watch it, and spotting the ghosts in the background is like an adult game of Where's Waldo.
I watched the first two episodes last night.  definitely a little slow on character development.  With the return of the 80s fashion I wasn't sure if it was present day or really set back in the 80's...had to look it up.  the au pair's mirror friend is the only one that truly startles me.  They need to speed up her backstory a bit.  

Back