Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the internet, those people live in "Oceanside." 

They were in season 7 as well as this new one on Netflix. I just got to the part where Aaron & Enid is heading out to apparently meet with them.

Had lots of Netflix time between pukes last week.

Jack Ryan on Prime was good.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?  Saw ads for emmy-winning blah blah - couldn't make it through 20 minutes of that hot garbage.

Maniac on Netflix - Weird, not sure exactly what is going on, but weird enough to keep watching I guess.
Just finished Jack Ryan on Prime also - definitely better than most of the stuff on Netflix at the moment.

Currently watching The Man in the High Castle.

I think the new season of that comes out tomorrow if I remember correctly.  I know its this month for sure.
Only 3 episodes into Season 1 so I have a while to go.  Definitely staying with it though.

I could have used more episodes of Jack Ryan - It was a little refreshing to be honest compared to most of what else is out there - a new take on an old story line & Better done than Solo.

I too like Man in the High Castle, but its S L O W ! ! !   The end of Season 2 picks up the pace somewhat - But I like the story line, even though it pisses me off some to be honest..   But I used Man in the High Castel as sort of filler material, couldn't watch more than an episode at a time..

Watched all of the Amazon Prime show Forever, with Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen. It's best experienced with a blank slate. 

finally finished up Ozark S2

Definitely thought it was good, I enjoyed the different challenges they had to overcome -

But I couldn't tell if at the end the cartel lawyer was saying "you are good now" or if they have a month they don't make bank then they will all still get killed?

I am using S3 of the man in the high castle for when I cant sleep and need something to make me fall asleep - intrigued by the story line but get on with it already!

Watched all of the Amazon Prime show Forever, with Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen. It's best experienced with a blank slate. 
i have 2 episodes left and im unimpressed....

i have 2 episodes left and im unimpressed....
I was on the road when I watched it, so I imagine it was best absorbed all at once without any distractions. I enjoy the moments where you could tell they were allowed to improv. 

Fun fact- a friend dated Fred and he was super weird in real life. It's now a little hard to watch his characters without thinking about that. 

finished up the final season of The Americans, I really think they could have stretched another few years out of that show, especially into the post Gorbachev world - but alas I thought the ending was done really well - will have to let Jack Ryan fill the covert spy void that now exists in my TV life :(

Anyone ever check out "The First 48" on A&E? Kind of like COPS on steroids. Been watching it when I travel since we don't have cable and typically I can find the A&E channel. I did find a slew of previous seasons on Hulu though so been watching those. There's no possible way I could handle being in law enforcement. 

Anyone ever check out "The First 48" on A&E? Kind of like COPS on steroids. Been watching it when I travel since we don't have cable and typically I can find the A&E channel. I did find a slew of previous seasons on Hulu though so been watching those. There's no possible way I could handle being in law enforcement. 
Is that the murder show? I watch it to fall asleep sometimes. 

finally finished up Ozark S2

Definitely thought it was good, I enjoyed the different challenges they had to overcome -

But I couldn't tell if at the end the cartel lawyer was saying "you are good now" or if they have a month they don't make bank then they will all still get killed?
At home with a sick kid today so I finished season 2 today.

My guess is that the lawyer is saying they’re good...she’s said a couple times how impressed/happy the cartel is that they were able to set up the ultimate money laundering scheme. 

I guess its going to turn into "Breaking Bad"? 

I caught the first two episodes of Daredevil, really like this one, but slow so far... But this series is 100X better than the movie (which is rare)

@Road Guy it picks up and is definitely worth sticking with.  I'm going to start S3 of Daredevil on the train ride home today.  

OK, finally finished the first season of Sneaky Pete.  Great ending, caught me off guard.  Looking forward to S2.

Started season 2 of "Making a Murderer".  So far it's pretty similar to the first season but with different lawyers.  it's still got me watching it.

My opinion so far:  Yeah it's a "documentary" that whose ultimate goal is to make $$$ for Netflix, but they provide what seems to be pretty compelling evidence that these guys were screwed.  The only thing the state of Wisconsin will say is that "there was other evidence that wasn't shown that proves they were guilty".  Well, I would suggest that the state start coughing up this evidence because the show does a really good job of making them look reeaaally bad.

If you've never watched it, guy gets convicted of rape in a small Wisconsin town and sent to jail for 18 years.  DNA proves he didn't do it and the town PD railroaded him.  Guy sues town for millions.  Some girl gets murdered and they decide this guy and his nephew did it.  Whole thing seems convenient because guy can't sue town if he's convicted of murder.  Show goes on to show all the fishy stuff that was involved in getting the guys convicted.  Season two picks up with new lawyers trying to get the convictions overturned.

Sneaky Pete S2 was pretty good also (you get to meet the real Pete!)

If you like weird movie trivia - the guy who plays "real Pete" also played Rusty Griswold in Vegas Vacation..

Ive been meaning to put Making a Murder on my list - will get that one added..

If you like weird movie trivia - the guy who plays "real Pete" also played Rusty Griswold in Vegas Vacation..
I was trying to figure out where I recognized him from!  Being bald threw me off.

Back