Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watched about half of the new Jack Ryan show, thought it was pretty good - defin has an interesting story line - not a fan of who they have for Greer though (but I guess its hard to follow James Earl Jones) also didn't think Jim from The office did that bad - he seems to be getting nocked around in the reviews...

Thanks, I was wondering if that one was worth watching.

New season of Ozark is good so far.

We're partway through Season 2 of The Handmaid's Tale on Amazon (paid for it). We're liking it.

I'm saving Ozarks for after I finish up Ryan - I wasted enough of the weekend watching that - but I am hoping it (Ozarks) doesn't go off the rails in S2

I'm saving Ozarks for after I finish up Ryan - I wasted enough of the weekend watching that - but I am hoping it (Ozarks) doesn't go off the rails in S2
Started S2 last night. Made it through a couple episodes. It holds up. Made me remember how much I liked S1.

I grew up where they are filming it so its cool to see the old stomping grounds. (Ozarks)

They've added some new story lines but are definitely picking right up on the S1 stuff.  

I need to re watch the last couple of episodes from S1 probably - all I can remember is Bateman's toes being pulled out..

I have to give Netflix props for coming up with some really good ideas for their shows:

1)  Coming out with an entire series at once so you don't have to wait a week for the next episode to come out.

2)  Adding that little button to let you skip the intro.  I don't need to watch the same opening to a show before every episode, especially when you're binging, and trying to fast forward through it is a PITA.

and a -1 for Amazon Prime which makes you enter your password nearly every time you advance a show (or maybe there is a setting for this I haven't found yet) but its really annoying..

-1 for all the damned Amazon Prime commercials.

Netflix seems to be going for quantity over quality lately though. So many new shows I can't keep up and some are really bad. I felt dumber after watching 1 episode of disjointed.

Netflix seems to be going for quantity over quality lately though. So many new shows I can't keep up and some are really bad. I felt dumber after watching 1 episode of disjointed.
That much has been obvious for a while.  That's why they disbanded the old ratings system.  First batch of viewers would thumbs down and then nobody would watch.

I got my 1 month free trial from Netflix to watch Making a Murderer.  It only took me 2 months of paying for it before I remembered to cancel the subscription.

I'm not so big on binge-watching TV series.  I really wanted Netflix for watching recent movies without having to rent them individually.  I was vastly underwhelmed with the movie selection on Netflix.  I think that the Amazon Prime selection is as good, if not better, and I am a Prime member for lots of reasons.  No sense in paying for Netflix as a redundant service with something I'm already paying for.

Netflix will also take a hit with losing a bunch of stuff due to Disney exclusivity, with Disney starting their own streaming service.

We've been using Prime a LOT more than Netflix fort he past year or more. At this point, all I really ever use Netflix for is stand-up comedy while I'm on the treadmill. Time to cancel, I guess. 

Netflix will also take a hit with losing a bunch of stuff due to Disney exclusivity, with Disney starting their own streaming service.
netflix already dropped a lot of the disney stuff.  we are using netflix an amazon about equally right now for shows...or at tleast the kiddos are.  THey know which service their fav shows are on.  I am more of a netflix person. currently in the middle of a documentary about castles in ireland, britian, scotland and their history.   

Back