Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, rookie error. I forgot to mention Hans Zimmer's "Live in Prague" is also available on Netflix and it's AWESOME. It's also 2 hours long but well worth it if you like music. I also like that he gives (almost) everyone a little time to do a sick solo, that's a pretty cool boss. So crank up the volume and settle in.

Just came across this thread so unsure if it's been mentioned before, but Wentworth is probably a top 3 all time best series in my opinion.

Lots of drama and craziness especially if you pay attention to when you reach season finales and how much they make you want to watch the beginning of the next season. Great writing and characters. 

If I watched live from the beginning I would scream every season that I had to wait a year for more. Technically I am doing that since the show is still active, but I got a ton of episodes and seasons in before getting current a few months back. 

We've started the Netflix documentary series Rapture. We've only watched the first two episodes, but I think it's pretty well done. Though honestly, the episode about Logic was more interesting to me than the one about Nas and Dave East, but both have been good! Especially being familiar with a lot of the music, it's cool to watch.

Is Peaky Blinders just the 1920's version of Sons of Anarchy?
No.  The plot gets a bit deeper/more political as it progresses (ties to communism/Bolshevik revolution, prohibition era, etc.).  The violence tones down a bit as the plot thickens, but it certainly has its moments!

Been watching Season 2 of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" with Junior.  1) It's definitely not as good as the first season, which was already getting a bit stale by the end.  2) Sara Rue got super hot.  3) NPH sucks, and I wish they'd cast someone else in the lead role. 
Kid friendly stuff is getting very hard to come by.  We are giving this a shot.  Have only seen a couple episodes and No its not as good as the movie.  NPH does suck.  Hoping it gets better.  Otherwise, back to Planet Earth.

Season 2: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Funny stuff, but not for everyone.  You have to have the right sick sense of humor.  Some people I know who have watched don't get it.

And my name is CARMELITA!

Currently watching 13 Reasons Why.  Ordinary book converted into a somewhat ordinary series.

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched all of that one, except the final episode, we heard her suicide was shown very graphically and we just figured we didn't need to see it - we watched it with our teenage kids and used it as a way to enforce that you just cant worry about what other people think, and to try and point out that the girl in question also made some bad choices in trying to make friends / be cool etc.. I don't think the show was trying to glorify suicide - but I did get the feeling that it left me with a sense of "I'll have the last say over all you people"

I guess what was most disappointing is the show never really shows the help available or promote prevention in a meaningful way.  The book, and the show to some extent, do seem to glorify suicide a bit and certainly show it almost as a revenge tool.

I guess what was most disappointing is the show never really shows the help available or promote prevention in a meaningful way.  The book, and the show to some extent, do seem to glorify suicide a bit and certainly show it almost as a revenge tool.
I wonder if the second season will touch more on that aspect.  I'm sure feedback from the first season will manipulate the writing to some degree.

^ This.  They exhausted the source material already so not sure what direction they will go now.  

Back