KNOWING RESULT RELEASE ANY SECOND SECOND THIS WEEK DESTROY YOUR PRODUCTIVITY

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you ask this already in another thread?

There wasn't the need for a cut score meeting in 2013.
That wasn't me, I was just responding to the fact that Thanksgiving doesn't have anything to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote First of Octember

s-l640.jpg

Didn't you ask this already in another thread?

There wasn't the need for a cut score meeting in 2013.
so are you saying there's no chance to get the results today or this week because of that meeting?

They did have 4 weeks to work after the test and before thanksgiving week, just saying.
and just sayin' the results are gonna come out whenever NCEES sees fit. They have to schedule meetings around the holidays and not be dicks to people with families. 

Lots of the test takers have families...
yes and?

NCEES needs to coordinate 20+ people in the Controls sector to come discuss a cut score. Folks with families, full jobs, part time jobs, volunteer gigs, etc. On top of the holidays. This shit takes time and a lot of coordination. 

I get that the wait is frustrating, believe me I do. This is my 7th time taking the test. My 7th waiting period. 

The results aren't going to be released with a snap of a finger. They quote 8-10 weeks because of cut score meetings, because of investigations due to cheating or messed up exam questions (here's looking at you Oct 2019 Power PE). There is a lot that goes into grading these tests and keeping the standards of our profession up. Historically they do release "early" but banking on a release a 40 days is going to lead to a lot of heartache. It's hard not to hold onto the historical data, I'm guilty of it too

Thanksgiving was later this year
But it still fell between the test and the release.. They had exactly the same amount of time to review as they did in the previous years as.. That would be like saying well I took of Wednesday instead of Thursday last week therefor I'm not going to hand in my estimate until a week later.. no logic.  

yes and?

NCEES needs to coordinate 20+ people in the Controls sector to come discuss a cut score. Folks with families, full jobs, part time jobs, volunteer gigs, etc. On top of the holidays. This shit takes time and a lot of coordination. 

I get that the wait is frustrating, believe me I do. This is my 7th time taking the test. My 7th waiting period. 

The results aren't going to be released with a snap of a finger. They quote 8-10 weeks because of cut score meetings, because of investigations due to cheating or messed up exam questions (here's looking at you Oct 2019 Power PE). There is a lot that goes into grading these tests and keeping the standards of our profession up. Historically they do release "early" but banking on a release a 40 days is going to lead to a lot of heartache. It's hard not to hold onto the historical data, I'm guilty of it too
Sure, the per capita issues for the meeting attendees is much greater.  But if you factor in the total man-hours of stress, they're being much bigger dicks to our side than they would be to theirs!

Sure, the per capita issues for the meeting attendees is much greater.  But if you factor in the total man-hours of stress, they're being much bigger dicks to our side than they would be to theirs!
If you didn't know about this forum and the historical data, you would only have the 8-10 week quote from NCEES to hold onto. Having the historical data is proving to be a disadvantage to you and others. 

If you didn't know about this forum and the historical data, you would only have the 8-10 week quote from NCEES to hold onto. Having the historical data is proving to be a disadvantage to you and others. 
It's not my fault the internet exists!

Back