Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never cared for smores, but I've developed something better. You get one of those hobo pie makers, put in your graham crackers, put in your chocolate bar and then add some peanut butter. Heat carefully over the fire and you've got a nice gooey chocolat/peanut butter treat.

Lil'SC had smores for the first time tonight. She was unimpressed. There is obviously something wrong with her.

Quite the contrary. She's got mensa written all over her. Then again I'd rather eat roadkill ass than a smore.

^ those things have endless uses. I like making "pizza pockets" in them too.

When I've been camping, I've used those to make poor man's fruit pies. Get some Wonder bread and some sort of fruit jam and have at it. If you can find a container of icing to drizzle on it when they come out you're in campground heaven.

had our first parent teacher conference last night. Minisnick is ahead of the game or on the mark for almost everything.

Although I foresee he is going to be one of those out side the box sort of people. The teacher doesn't count calling a square a box as a correct answer.

The teacher was surprised with his keen ability to use scissors but still managed say he didn't cut on the line. They drew a circle on a piece of paper and told him to cut it out. He made a near perfect circle cut...he just cut it a consistent half inch from the line on the paper. Seriously if you took a ruler and measured 90-95%would be half inch from the line. So that's good precison but his accuracy is off if I rememebr correctly.

The teacher was surprised with his keen ability to use scissors but still managed say he didn't cut on the line. They drew a circle on a piece of paper and told him to cut it out. He made a near perfect circle cut...he just cut it a consistent half inch from the line on the paper. Seriously if you took a ruler and measured 90-95%would be half inch from the line. So that's good precison but his accuracy is off if I rememebr correctly.
He wasn't running while he was cutting I hope.

Sometimes it's difficult to see the line when you're cutting because it's in the blades. He was probably eyeballing the distance from the scissors to the line and followed it around. Good for him. If the teacher is not recognizing the box, she's probably a square.

I almost forgot to mention we got a certificate that said we completed our parent participation hrs for the year. WooHoo. They must have counted orientation and meet the teacher as part of the 8 hr and not in addition to the 8 hrs.

I'm still going to help out though with the parents for pre-K group. It is just nice to not have to worry about having to get the time in.

geeze...so we turn off the computer mouse when minisnick is watching movies on the computer so he doesn't delete anything. The kid figured out how to pause/, fast forward, play the movie using the keyboard.

First game of the playoffs is Thursday! Tex Jr. got his letter jacket. He wears it whenever the temp dips below 75. :)

We let our 8yr old son watch videos on Youtube. Usually it isn't a problem because all he wants to watch are crashes (mostly race cars, but he's expanded to include aircraft, boats, and pretty much anything else FAIL related). However, this morning I walked in on him doing a new seach.... "Naked Teachers"

Do I really need to start the "birds and the bees" talk with an 8 year old? I remember seeing my first Playboy in 1st grade, but somehow it's different when it's your child. Kids are growing up way too fast...

We let our 8yr old son watch videos on Youtube. Usually it isn't a problem because all he wants to watch are crashes (mostly race cars, but he's expanded to include aircraft, boats, and pretty much anything else FAIL related). However, this morning I walked in on him doing a new seach.... "Naked Teachers"

Do I really need to start the "birds and the bees" talk with an 8 year old? I remember seeing my first Playboy in 1st grade, but somehow it's different when it's your child. Kids are growing up way too fast...

It scares me how easy it is for kids to find that stuff these days.

My guess would be that a friend who has an older brother told him to search "naked teachers" and that your son doesn't really know what he's doing and probably doesn't need the full birds-and-bees talk yet. But it does sound like he needs a talk about "what's ok to look up on the internet and why" talk. At least that's what I've heard from friends in similar situations.

It's OK, Dex. He probably just didn't get enough hits from "naughty librarian" and cut straight to the chase.

after the storms passed through we went outside to play and minisnick asks me to help find his helmet....I asked why and he said he wants to do the scary tricks on his bike like he saw at the circus the week before. At least he asked for his helmet BEFORE he attempted the stunts.

We just had to explain things after my kid watched two cows get it on.

We just had to explain things after my kid watched two cows get it on.
they're playing leap frog. No further explanation warranted.

Back