Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...  this thread makes me feel old... My son is a sophomore in college!!!  But, I don't miss the daycare, diapers, car seats etc. days at all.   Glad those days are GONE!

Snickette turns 2 today!!!!  Such a feisty and determined little lady who takes shit from NO ONE.    Had her 2nd bday pictures taken yesterday.  Can't wait to see how they turned out. 

Minisnick had his first basketball game this weekend.  4 points , ~6 rebounds in 2, 10 min periods.  

Another 2 pts and a solid assist for minisnick.  such a shame they only have one more day.  Minisnick isn't the best player out there, but he is definitely at the top of the middle of the pack...if that makes any sense.  There are a couple kids that obviously have older siblings that play or real intense sports dads....these kids are approaching half way to the 3pt line from the net and making their shots.  I think we have found a new fav sport.      

& its a great  sport to keep kids from going stir crazy in the winter!

my 13 year old is upset with me because I didn't sign him up for spring soccer. This will be his last year he can play rec before High School (he isn't going to make the HS team)  I coached in the fall and we did really well (7-2-1) and I just figured we would end on a good note, and soccer season here starts the last week of February and I'm just not willing to give up the last two months of ski season to be honest..I think since we did well (previous two years they had won one game and tied one game)  it gave him some "cool points in the hallowed halls of Middle School"  - hopefully he will get over it soon! 

once he has the extra free time I'm sure he will thank you!

We must have been talking in minisnicks earshot about baseball this spring.  his age grouping (7-8 yrs old) is now machine pitch and travels sometimes up to 1.5 hr away with 3 games a week (instead of 2) starting at either 6 or 8:30PM.  Sign up was this weekend and we asked him if he wanted to play this year and he said he was leaning towards no because all the traveling would make it really hard on us with our work schedules.  his words, not mine.  We told him if the travel got to be too much we just wouldn't go to those really far away games and he finally decided to play.  

We played baseball back in GA, so he played soccer here since his friends did, it was mostly rec but I don't think he would even make the freshman team. Just something he did for fun in the Fall. Even kids he has friends with that played travel ball / competitive soccer here for years have not made the team.

I don't think he wants to play in HS.  I am trying to lure him into running XC for the HS team with his sister, its a everyone gets to play" type sport but you are still technically part of a HS team. But lettering it tough, have to run a 5K in 18 min for boys and 21 min for girls..

After competing for 2 years in gymnastics, my little girl said she was tired of it, and wanted to do something different. So January 2016 she started dance and baton classes. One day a week with no stress. She really enjoyed it, and with decent hand / eye coordination, she caught on the baton twirling pretty well. Too well in fact - she now has her first baton competition tomorrow.....

Apparently the daycare ladies missed Her Royal Highness Queen Snickette's morning I must sit on the potty time yesterday.  She threw one huge tantrum in the middle of breakfast.  She demanded a diaper change right there and then since she missed her throne time.  As soon as she saw them retrieve a diaper from the other room she stopped the fit and was happy.  

I didn't know the morning throne time was an everyday occurrence.  This potty training thing might happen sooner than expected with this one.

Mini-Ram's been tracing out the alphabet and numbers for the last week.  Going to try to move him to further spaced dots and eventually none at all.

Back