Just Got This E-mail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0aa409f90280917e446ef1075271be79.gif

I think I just threw-up in my mouth a little

Just got off the phone with NCEES and they are still quoting 8-10 weeks. The woman I spoke with said she was aware of this email and doesn't know where it came from. She would not say that it was a fake email or that it wasn't from NCEES her only parting advice was that NCEES was still quoting 8-10 weeks for scores.

Hope this helps everyone.

Just got off the phone with NCEES and they are still quoting 8-10 weeks. The woman I spoke with said she was aware of this email and doesn't know where it came from. She would not say that it was a fake email or that it wasn't from NCEES her only parting advice was that NCEES was still quoting 8-10 weeks for scores.
Hope this helps everyone.
The letter is from the board in Arkansas or at least thats what the original poster has told us. No one said it was from NCEES and there must be a problem with the NCEES results when Arkansas sends out this email and Alabama posts on their site that they do not have the results yet, on the same day and within hours of each other.

SapperPE said:
wait, didn't it say that they didn't know about PE?
Maybe those aren't delayed? :unsure:

I was wondering if anybody would notice that the original email said the FS and PS exam results were delayed, not FE or PE.
It's hilarious that you posted this, and people are still ignoring it.
I'm not about to let a little thing like reality get in the way of my panicking! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH NO RESULTS EVER!!!!

The letter is from the board in Arkansas or at least thats what the original poster has told us. No one said it was from NCEES and there must be a problem with the NCEES results when Arkansas sends out this email and Alabama posts on their site that they do not have the results yet, on the same day and within hours of each other.
From the OP...

"NCEES REPORTS THAT OCTOBER 2010 EXAM SCORES WILL BE RELEASED LATER THAN USUAL We have been notified by NCEES that they do not anticipate releasing FS & PS exam results before next week. There has been no indication when the FE & PE results will be released. It appears the delay is the result of technical difficulties in posting the scores."

Yes, Arkansas relayed that information to its constituents but it CLEARLY says NCEES told them the results would be delayed.

And I clearly stated NCEES still says 8-10 weeks from the test date.

Yes, Arkansas relayed that information to its constituents but it CLEARLY says NCEES told them the results would be delayed.
And it clearly states that the delay affects the PS and FS results. So, unless you are waiting on the results of the SURVEYING exam, the letter doesn't affect you. There are some PS members of this board, but I would say they are in the minority.

And it clearly states that the delay affects the PS and FS results. So, unless you are waiting on the results of the SURVEYING exam, the letter doesn't affect you. There are some PS members of this board, but I would say they are in the minority.
On the Alabama Board site, it states that they are planning to release the PS and FS results the week of the 20th. They do not know yet when they will release the results of the FE and PE. They are saying 8-10 wks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need these results before they start passing around raises. Time is money
They're giving raises where you are? We're all lucky that they agree to keep us around at partial pay around here.

I need to move out of state.

I'm not sure this makes any difference to the PE exam results, but the Texas Board of Land Surveying was able to certify its SITs which is based on passing the FS exam. So NCEES got some results it seems. I am waiting on the PS exam from Arizona and have heard nothing.

EDIT: I just checked the Arkansas site and they have received the surveyor exam results so it looks like it won't make any difference to the PE exam results. Sorry.

wait there was a delay with the survey result but they have been posted now?

wait there was a delay with the survey result but they have been posted now?
Yeah, the Arkansas board was told they wouldn't get the surveying results until next week but got them today. The TBPLS also got them in time for their meeting where they officially approve the candidates that passed the FS exam. I think that means any state that uses direct notification (for surveying at least) won't see them until next week, but who knows.

Back