Just Got This E-mail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do it manually.

Here is how:

Export the data to an excel spreadsheet, save it as html, and upload to the web site.

or

Export the data to an excel spreadsheet, list entries by last name or NCEES ID No., print them, hand it over to whoever is already answering the phone. you can always dedicate couple of more phone lines. I am sure it will be over in a week.

"NCEES doesn't deal with license applications that is the respective states job. They make money off test fees. NCEES researches and writes the tests, administers them (for some states), grades them, and reports the scores to the states (some cases directly to the individual).
For IL all NCEES does is provide and grade the test. IL has its own testing company which administers the test and the state boards handles the application.

NCEES also suggests/recommends policy ideas to the states to keep the engineering profession current and meaningful. It is up to the state to decide if they agree, prime example BS +30hrs and PDH requirements.

Why would you promote competition if the point is to have a standard test across the nation? You can suggest your state use a separate administering company like IL, but you still don't take NCEES out of the equation. you will still be waiting for the results like everyone else. The tests are their intelectual property and they have spent millions developing them."

Somehow what I wrote did get posted, but basically NCEES is being inconsiderate to those who may have to sit the exam again this spring and not give them enough study time to pass.

Yes we want to go to one standard across all 50 states, but seems like NCEES isn't being efficient. Not getting out test results in a timely manner, from our perspective not knowing whether we passed or failed screws us out of valuable study time especially since they moving up the exam up one week.

You are correct... they handle the testing, but the testing for Most States Licensing Application. No matter how you shake it, they are part of a mandated state system used in almost every state of the union, and benefit financially from it.

Why would i promote competition....... To increase speed and accuracy in the testing, and grading processes. How do you know if they are doing a shit job or not if there is no other to compare too? They are the only business on the block. I know my power company is screwing me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would i promote competition....... To increase speed and accuracy in the testing, and grading processes. How do you know if they are doing a shit job or not if there is no other to compare too? They are the only business on the block. I know my power company is screwing me too.
They are the only business on the block because it would cause chaos, not to mention how cost prohibitive it would be to join the party. you would be opening the engineering world to the dilema of whose test to take. Which test is better? If one state were to decide to pick the new organization, will other states who stick with NCEES accept the other test for handing out their licenses. They would likely run into the same problems NCEES does on speed of grading. If there were faulty questions wouldn't you want them to spend their time figureing it out rather than just letting it be.

Thats a world of hurt that most people will want to avoid.

They are the only business on the block because it would cause chaos, not to mention how cost prohibitive it would be to join the party. you would be opening the engineering world to the dilema of whose test to take. Which test is better? If one state were to decide to pick the new organization, will other states who stick with NCEES accept the other test for handing out their licenses. They would likely run into the same problems NCEES does on speed of grading. If there were faulty questions wouldn't you want them to spend their time figureing it out rather than just letting it be.

What about the ACT and SAT? Those are standardized tests that "compete" with one another. :dunno:

Snicker, your avatar is disturbing!

So, does everyone think all hope is lost for results this week? The original email said they weren't sure about PE results, right?

So, does everyone think all hope is lost for results this week? The original email said they weren't sure about PE results, right?
I agree! I like Ble's avatar much more! At this point...it's only thing to look forward to.

t_4499_01.jpg

only to those of the heterosexual male gender. You boys have Ble's av and we ladies have mine.

i like that picture vt!

QUOTE (pmblair @ Dec 16 2010, 01:46 PM) Why would i promote competition....... To increase speed and accuracy in the testing, and grading processes. How do you know if they are doing a shit job or not if there is no other to compare too? They are the only business on the block. I know my power company is screwing me too.

How do you think they used to do it? The Ncees wasn't always around. It fact i would argue it can and SHOULD be administered by each state interdependently.

NCEES IS PAYED TO SERVICE US, WE ARE THE CUSTOMER, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Just because the states mandate we use them does not justify them providing an inferior product, due to lack of competition good Mam.

It is apparent from not only this board but all the other P.E.'s i know, most were unsatisfied with the service NCEES provided.

And i must ask at this point.... Do you have a personal interest in this matter? Are you involved with NCEES in any way?

What about the ACT and SAT? Those are standardized tests that "compete" with one another. :dunno:
yes but the college decides which test it will accept, some kids have to take both tests for the different schools for which they apply
I know, and I don't disagree with what you are saying. I was just throwing out the only standardized exams that I could think of that do compete (I'm sure there are more though). I remember having to take both because I didn't know which schools I might apply to at that point and which test they would accept.

Although, why couldn't states do the same thing as colleges do? A state could decide which examination they would utilize for licensure if there was more than one option. I'm not saying it would be the most efficient, but it is possible.

QUOTE (pmblair @ Dec 16 2010, 01:46 PM) Why would i promote competition....... To increase speed and accuracy in the testing, and grading processes. How do you know if they are doing a shit job or not if there is no other to compare too? They are the only business on the block. I know my power company is screwing me too.

How do you think they used to do it? The Ncees wasn't always around. It fact i would argue it can and SHOULD be administered by each state interdependently.

NCEES IS PAYED TO SERVICE US, WE ARE THE CUSTOMER, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Just because the states mandate we use them does not justify them providing an inferior product, due to lack of competition good Mam.

It is apparent from not only this board but all the other P.E.'s i know, most were unsatisfied with the service NCEES provided.

And i must ask at this point.... Do you have a personal interest in this matter? Are you involved with NCEES in any way?
are you arguing with yourself? that's when you know the wait has gotten to you!

I don't see how complaining about the wait translates to being unsatisfied with the service from NCEES. It is simply a state of whining/complaining. And No I have no involvement with NCEES. I just don't see the point in all the bruhaha being stated here. I promise you, the instant you find out you passed/failed you will forgot all about the waiting and move on with life. then the next testing cycle you will be part of the old crowd and become annoyed with all the new people complaining about how long it take to grade a scan tron.

As Sapper states in another thread, NCEES really does provide services that help. And while they may not have been around in the old days, it is the current way of doing things and I don't see it changing any time soon.

How many bottle of beers are left? I need another!
I thought that you don't always drink beer.... besides, all that's left is Nattie-Ice

Stay thristy my friend

Problem with that argument is other testing companies like the ones that administer the SAT,ACT, GRE, etc. has reduced the wait time to 4 to 6 weeks, you mean to tell me that NCEES doesn't have that ability to knock down an 8 to 10 week wait time to less time. An 8 to 10 week wait time is more forgivable for the spring test but not for the fall exam where you have less time to study for the spring if you have to take it again so yes NCEES needs to change.

Problem with that argument is other testing companies like the ones that administer the SAT,ACT, GRE, etc. has reduced the wait time to 4 to 6 weeks, you mean to tell me that NCEES doesn't have that ability to knock down an 8 to 10 week wait time to less time. An 8 to 10 week wait time is more forgivable for the spring test but not for the fall exam where you have less time to study for the spring if you have to take it again so yes NCEES needs to change.

Can I get an AMEN????

:holyness:

:appl:

:bio:

Back